Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dARKNESS, dARKNESS

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Masquerade

dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012 - 0:55

Moving about slightly Maples hoof landed in something with a little splash.
Leaping almost a meter in the air she burst forwards with such speed, anything in her way would have been knocked over.
When she had steadied herself once more she winced and looked back, a little puddle...
Just a puddle nothing to be frightened of...J-just a puddle.
She nodded at her own thoughts trying reassure herself. Stepping over to the little puddle she watched as the ripples slowly diminished and the surface became clear and smooth once more. A young mare stared back at her with wide blue eyes, a small leaf dangled from her mane. Ah-perhaps for once water would be useful. Careful not to get her hooves wet once more she began to pick out the undergrowth that had woven itself into her hair. It wasn't an easy job, nor a nice one, but when she had finished and looked back into the puddle she smiled.

Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 19:45

The soft chirps and thumps of crickets in the grass fluttered gently into the morning air as hooves disturbed them. The tall shape swayed slightly, silently standing behind Maple. Caroline's sharp, condescending yellow eyes glared down at her, reflecting in the smooth surface of the pool. The quiet hum of her optical circuits was the only sound besides the crickets.
She wondered how soon the Cremello would notice her presence with a gleeful little thump of her heart. She enjoyed testing other's emotions.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 19:56

Maple looked down into the pool of water once more, enjoying the time to herself. Suddenly the feeling of being watched crept into her mind, a shiver ran up her spine and she looked into the pool. There was something large, standing behind her...

A loud shriek echoed around the trees, unsettling the birds in the trees whom flew off squawking.
Nostrils flared Maples hind legs kicked out, her hooves now dangerous weapons ready to pound anything they met.
Not sure if she'd kicked anything, she whipped around ready to fight the possible threat.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 20:14

Caroline huffed quietly and yanked away from the cremello's hooves. "[REDACTED], is your mortal eyesight going bad? That's what humans are like, you know. They're built to be easily destroyed and break apart at the smallest hints of damage. And they have terrible design flaws, for instance they have a unfortunate bone structure." She drew herself back to her full height. The metallic optics whirred and circled slightly as they focused. "I'm not a Lyde, you should save your limited amount of energy until then. After all, we wouldn't want to stretch the limits of your.. generousness.."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 20:43

How dare she! Heck, it was one thing to sneak up on her, but another thing to insult a human. Her friend was a human!

Rearing up Maple thrashed her legs, then aimed a hoof straight at Carolines muzzle.
"Of course you're not a lyde you big oaf!" She snapped. "As for humans, they do wrong, it's in their DNA. But there is in no realm, that you may speak of them like that in my presence! They are intelligent beings and frankly, if one marched into this forest with a fire stick, I would happily agree for your head to be plastered to a wall."

She turned on her hocks and marched away, stopping and whipping her head around; "And my generousness for you has gone."

When Maple had told Oxy she didn't like violence, she didn't lie. She didn't like violence on living beings doing what they thought right. But whatever this...Caroline...thing was. It didn't deserve mercy.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 20:59

Caroline gazed after the cremello, letting a smirk flick across her face.
She liked it better when her subjects were feisty, not weaklings. This was a good improvement, very good.
And yet she couldn't just let the insults slide off..
She followed the smaller frame, her head bent to be at eye level. There was a scuff on her muzzle from where Maples hoof had hit it. Her sensors dully told her the nanobots in her system would heal it later, her pain sensors told her it had been well placed. "You're hilarious. Trusting a human to help you?," The optics whirred. It was easily seen up close the difference between that and a real eye, the lack of a defined pupil and the soft pixels and grooves that created it. "They don't give a fuck about you, [REDACTED]. It must be sweet, though, to be so ignorant to what they'll do."

She raised her head again and passed Redacted into the clearing, straying into a corner, as if nothing had happened.

Oxymoron was meanwhile having a small staring contest between himself and a Daddy longlegs spider as it sat on a leaf near him. "What the bloody hell happened to you?" Horrified; "You have eight bloody legs, mate. I don't mean to alarm you though, wouldn't want to do that. You're sort of creepy after all.."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 21:14

Maple marched back to the clearing.
What was this stupid, horse doing!? Had she not made it clear she didn't want to be followed? Perhaps she wanted another kick in the face?

"No, correction, if you insist on discussing the topic, they don't give a 'fuck' about you. I however had a lovely little human as a pet once, who cared about me. Now I don't care about what ever the humans did to you, I like to look on the bright side and this human did nothing to me."

Maples muscles bunched up, "Now if you don't watch it, your face will get a rather nice dent to improve it's ugliness."

Storming past Oxy she glared at the leaf, "Watch out sometimes they bite."
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 2:49

Caroline smiled sweetly after Maple, she knew the cremello was angry, she'd tested her too hard, boo-hoo. There was no use in continuing on stirring the fire. She would wait, and then she would light it again.. but not now.

Oxy stared at the creature in fear, then looked at Maple, then at the said to be poisonous beast.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHH DON'T HURT ME DONTHURTMEDON'THURTME PLEASE!"
He ran away and hid behind a nearby tree, the daddy longlegs was just as startled by the sudden noise and scuttled away onto a branch in confusion and fear, it's tiny brain not comprehending why the potential threat had just taken off running.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 3:08

Sometimes we must do what we most dread...
Maple flicked her tail, and stood deep in thought. Her head was once nothing but happiness, not a violent thought.
What is wrong with me? Have I finally gone insane? My head is so clustered and full of thought, I know what I have to do.
Fear has finally infested my head and wronged my ways. I must leave.

With one more look at the monster who had almost pushed her over the mental cliff of insanity and madness, Maple flattened her ears. Hopefully it will not follow, she mouthed, the words silent.

A glance at her new found friend, supposedly an old one at that, they'd meet again soon. Neither of the two mares she could really care less about.

Her eyes skimmed to the golden coloured horse, well this would be goodbye, for at least now perhaps.
Maybe they would all think she'd been ripped into squillions of pieces by the lizard-horses.
That would be good, Caroline would leave her be. Sun could go off into the world again without a care. And Oxy...Well he could go back to running from spiders and birds.

When the time was right, she slipped away into the darkness unseen, ready to begin anew.

Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 7:46

The orbs of sunbaked yellow gazed over the land, viewing the growing twilight in reds and greens and yellows, oranges and blues. The cremello had not returned from her little tantrum in a while.
She slipped away from the two horses left in the clearing, the sarcastic brat and the idiot, and escaped into the trees.
Her sensors whirred and scanned as she came to a small hill overlooking the land, and the technology that tried to overtake her own sense of being alive hummed in her veins, pulsed in the source of orange electric heat that was her heart.
The song of birds filtered into her audio receptors and was transmitted to her mind, to the chip implanted into her head.
There was a distinct source of heat.

The predator had found it's prey.
It observed.
And it followed into the dark.

The sky faded into a indigo, a kaleidoscope of colors, russets and blues, golds and rich purple.
The stars twinkled, celestial strangers in the cool breeze, the fresh air, companions to the night creatures.
It had been one hour since Sun had noticed Maple and Caroline were not coming back.
It was one hour later that the shadowy mare and the bumbling golden horse tried to track the two that had left.

Sun was looking for tracks and had momentarily left Oxy to himself.
The problem was she hadn't returned yet.
It had been thirty minutes.
The golden horse climbed a hill, gazed out at the forest with a troubled expression. He looked up at the stars a bit sadly and wondered where his friend was.
He wondered if perhaps the three geniuses had gotten tired of having a idiot around to take care of.

He missed his friend. And even if he was a idiot, he needed to find them again. And he wanted to make sure Maple was alright, he owed her a debt.
He sighed. "I hope you're a-alright.. I know you can't actually h-hear me but maybe, I don't k-know.. just i-ignore me.."
And sadly, the clumsy stallion began to try and make his way across the darkened forest.

[finished topic]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dARKNESS, dARKNESS   dARKNESS, dARKNESS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dARKNESS, dARKNESS
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3