HomeFAQPortalCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Reflections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
16jasmine16

PostSubject: Reflections   Sat 1 Sep 2012 - 12:58

After Dutchess was accepted, Rex promptly invited her to walk with him. "I apologize for the way I acted in the Shadow Territory," he started. "But I really would like to get to know you better, Dutch." Rex smiled at her, his ear hoop shining in the light.

His hooves squashed deeply in the soft ground as they got closer to a small pond. The frogs chirped, adding more sounds to the sweet setting. They stopped at the water's edge, Rex placing his head down for a drink.

[ *fav.me/d5ch917* Epic illustration of where they be walkin'~]

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Reflections   Sat 1 Sep 2012 - 19:39

She followed him. "Hey, It's alright. I'm the one that should be apologizing. I shouldn't have just left you like that. I am really sorry." She felt better now that she had said sorry to Rex. "I would like to get to know you better too. So, tell me a little about yourself" she said to him, noticing the very squishy ground. She had never felt anything like it. The ground was always so hard in Italy. She took a drink from the pond. I water was so clear and cool. She really liked this place.

[It looks very nice Jassy]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Reflections   Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 12:58

(Hey guys, so Roxy and I took this to pms for unknown reasons and we're posting the contents here so you guys know what's going on.

Rex
As he lifted his head from the lake, Rex couldn't help but glance at Dutchess's reflection in the water. It rippled slightly and beautifully in the fall breeze, and he turned from it to the real Dutch. "Well, my mother was an arabian.. I never met my father, but my mom and I had a good relationship. At least until I was sold to a TV network. They- the humans, I mean -made me many things.. Things I wish not to repeat." Frankly, I'm surprised I've turned out as normal as I am, Rex speculated. He suppressed a shudder, thinking about his past. Rex continued, "After the show was canceled, I was then transported to a sort of, uh, equine modeling business? I'm not sure. That was where I got these," he gestured to his glittery hooves. "Pretty dumb, right?" Rex trailed off.. Lost in thought.

Dutchess
"Wow, a TV network?" she said, a little confused. She didn't have much of a clue as to what a TV network was but she would go along with it anyway. When he gestured to his sparkly hooves she looked down. "No, not dumb, I think they are pretty cool, I mean, look at these yucky looking things," she said looking down at her own hooves. The sun was nice and warm on her coat. I could just lay here all day long, she thought. She smiled at Rex. She could tell he was thinking by the expression that was on his face. "Is there anything that you would like to know about me?" she asked him.

Rex
"Of course I'd like to know about you!" Rex replied with a laugh, a twinkle in his eyes. "How'd you get here? Do you know your parents?"

Dutchess
"Okay then, I grew up in Italy, I did know my parents, They were pretty horrible though. Always at each others necks. I was always terrified. One day I came home after going to a little lake for a drink and I see that they are gone. Turns out they were taken away by some humans and killed. So was my little brot......." She trailed off, tears in her eyes. "Brother" she got out. "I'm sorry" she said and turned away for a moment. Collect yourself, Dutch! She turned back to Rex. "My little brother was the only one that I really cared about in my family. My parents never looked after him so I did. He was my best friend." She stopped talking for a little moment. "And as for how I got here, well after they killed my family, I ran away and I kept running until I found this place I guess." She looked at Rex, still teary. Nobody would ever replace her little brother. When he died, it left a huge hole in her heart that she has never been able to close. "I made a promise to myself, that I would never EVER turn out like my parents"

Rex
Rex shifted awkwardly, not at all pleased to hear how forlorn Dutch's past was. As she divulged her heartache over her brother's death, Rex yearned to comfort her. The sun, once shining sunnily, turned cold. Tears swam in her sweet, sad eyes as Dutchess turned away from Rex.

He nudged her neck comfortingly, to let her know everything was okay, even though it wasn't. "If we ever find those humans, I want you to know that I'll help you go to any length for your brother."

Rex's voice dropped to a whisper, "And you'll be an amazing mother. Your children would be so lucky to have a mom like you." He stared deeply into Dutch's eyes. Stepping closer to her, he brushed his lips against her glossy, tear stained cheek..

Dutchess
"Thank you" she whispered. "It really means a a lot. My brother was everything to me" she told him. And then he said it. "And you'll be an amazing mother. Your children would be so lucky to have a mom like you." What was he saying? "Thank you" she said, slightly embarrassed. Then he kissed her. This is a bit of a surprise. She never noticed how bright and stunning his purple eyes were. Without thinking she kissed him back.

Rex
As they came together, the world seemed to shift. Rex needed to protect Dutchess. He needed to make she was fed. Make her safe. Happy. He loved someone, and the emotions were overwhelming.

Plip! Plip! Raindrops plopped onto the lake's surface, the sounds magnified in the excitement. A small rain shower had snuck up on the horse's without thought, the gray clouds now right above them. Rex reluctantly broke away from Dutch, thinking, Seriously? It starts raining? Just like in the movies.. He couldn't help but chuckle. Yelling over the splatters, he said to Dutchess, "Do you want to go find cover? There's a fairly large outcropping of stone that we can take refuge under!"

Dutchess
Rain, are you kidding me! She was annoyed a bit now. The rain ruined one of the most exciting moments she had had in a long while. "Alright, you lead the way!" she yelled back, the splatters were loud. She laughed. She never thought that she would have a sappy moment like this.

Rex
Rex took off, his head down against the pelting drops of water. Slipping in the mud a little bit, he looked back to see how Dutchess was coping. At least she hasn't tripped on the slippery ground! "Only through these boulders and we'll be nice and dry!" he called to her. Rex trotted between the ten foot high rocks and into an open, cave-like area.

"So.. uh," he started to speak to Dutch. What am I supposed to do now after what had just happened by the lake??? he thought wildly. In the episodes Rex had recorded in Hollywood, he was instructed what to do; but now he hadn't a clue. Let's see.. if this was a movie, I would be asking her out. Wait what?

Agitated and unsure of what to say, he blurted out, "Do you maybe want to meet new horses in the herd later?"

Dutchess
She followed gracefully after Rex. She saw him slip in the mud and just laughed.

"I would love to." She could tell that he had no clue what he was saying and that he wasn't sure about what happened at the lake. I'm going to change that. She approached him and kissed his cheek, as he had kissed her before. "Are you ready to go?" she asked him, smiling. In a way, she just wanted to stay here, with him.

Rex
Barely having a chance to register her reply, Rex was happily surprised at Dutch's kiss. However, he did not wish to leave so soon. "Already? But we just got here," he joked, half kidding, half serious. "I mean, it's so pleasant and roomy!"

Rex glanced their surroundings, then smiled sheepishly. The ceiling was covered in cobwebs, the ground uncomfortably wet, and there was some slight mold growing on the walls. But, in its own way, the area reflected happiness and mystery.

Dutchess
She looked around. The cobwebs, wet floor, and the mold on the walls. Yeah, not too pleasant. Although she liked it, mainly because she was with Rex. "We don't have to leave yet if you don't want to." She was glad that he had mentioned that because she didn't want to leave. She felt a drip on her back and realized that she was standing under the entrance and the rain was getting on her. She stepped forward, closer to Rex and she smiled at him.

Rex
Rex already knew that they'd kissed multiple times in the last twenty minutes, but he couldn't help himself! Dutchess just looked too cute standing there. Her silhouette was framed by drizzling water, and her eyes magically reflecting light.

He stepped forward and nuzzled Dutch, much more passionately than they had already. Nothing else in the world mattered. Not the fact that he had alpha duties to do. Heck, what alpha duties?! Everything was about her. Who cared if there were lydes prepared to pounce at any moment? If Rex was with Dutchess, then everything was fine.

He breathed her in, loving the scent of the breeze in her mane. The smooth texture of her face. Her eyes; such a vibrant fuchsia! Rex wanted to never step away from her, ever.

Dutchess
As Rex moved closer to her, it seemed like the world had stopped. Like everything was moving in slow motion. This was the first time that she had ever felt like this. She felt so happy. She nuzzled him back. She never wanted him to leave her side.

Again and again she nuzzled him. "I.. I...I love you" she stammered, a little scared of what is reaction was going to be. She looked at him, her eyes glistening. She was so very happy and she hoped that what she just said wasn't going to change that.

Rex
In the midst of everything, Rex had barely heard Dutch utter out, "I- I love you." He closed his eyes and murmured back, "I love you. More than anything." He put his forehead against hers, and they stayed that way for a few moments.

Dutchess
After a while she pulled away. "You ready to go?" she asked.

(K. Hopefully ya'll are caught up. :P)
EDIT: This topic is closed. Please don't reply to it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflections   

Back to top Go down

Reflections
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1