Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Head is an Animal

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

My Head is an Animal Empty
PostSubject: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 20:20

Layka paced around in circles then stopped.
A cool breeze swept over her and blew her curly mane into her face, a few leaves fell down to the ground.
"Autumn" she breathed.
She closed her eyes for a moment, and pictured herself atop the tallest mountain, wind blowing fiercely, sun shining intensely, and her family, all together.
Taking in a huge breath of the cool air, she sighed, contented with the changing of seasons, of all Seasons Autumn was her favorite, it was unique.

Seasons are changing now, Autumn, then Winter, Spring and Summer. she recited the words in a sing-song voice in her mind.
Autumn was the season in which Layka was born, she remembered gazing into her mothers deep green and luminescent purple eyes. She could hear her mothers voice, so far, but close..It seemed so real.
'You are a special filly Layka, you can shine brighter than the stars'
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:14

He trotted out into the light, seeing Layka. She was standing tall, her eyes closed as though in deep thought. Rex slowed his gait to a walk.

"Hello?" He said in a soft voice, not wishing to interrupt but catch the the many-hued mare's attention. Rex silently admired her, Wow.. Check out at that earring! It looks like a genuine Prada! His interest grew by the second.

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:19

Layka heard a voice and immediately stopped what she was doing, she didn't want to look like a fool.
"Oh, hello" she said, not turned around yet, and when she did turn around, she noticed it was Rex.
"Sorry about my...meditating?" she said, with question in her voice.
She didn't know what to call it...she was so deeply lost in thought a few moments before, and now all her concentration was broken.
"I was just thinking of things"
Layka looked at Rex, and noticed he was looking in her direction, and then glanced back down.
"So..uh, you like it here?" she asked, trying to make small talk, and getting rid of awkward silence.
Layka, get a hold of yourself, you're acting like an IDIOT
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:34

Dutchess slowly walked up beside Rex. "Hi" she said to the horse. "My name is Dutchess. What's yours?" she asked her. She looked at Rex and gave him a friendly nudge. She was still smiling. It hadn't come off her face since it got there about an hour ago. She was just so happy.

(I am sorry, My brain is so useless today and I have no clue what to write! )
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:41

That must be his 'leading lady' Layka thought.
"Hi, Im Layka" she said, faking a smile.
Layka stopped flirting with Rex once she saw Dutchess, she was smiling...she had a smug look on her face; what from, Layka was still trying to find out.
"So, you're Rex's 'leading lady'?" she asked, and said 'leading lady' in a sharp, hurtfull tone. Layka Always got what she wanted, she was popular, loved by everyone, and she was not gonna let Rex and Dutchess become a couple.
"Well, I would love to be showed around" Layka said, still faking a smile.
"Would you mind showing me around, Rex?"
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:47

She's a bit annoyed she thought. "Well Layka, Rex and I have just started dating" she said, still beaming. She nuzzled him. "I don't mind showing you around Layka" she was just a bit jealous of this new horses and couldn't really trust her.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:54

Great, dating..JUST FAN-FLIPPIN-TASTIC. she thought.
"Congratz on landing a date with Rex" Layka said icily, meaning to do harm to Dutchess' feelings.
When Layka wanted something, she would stop at NOTHING to get it.
And Dutchess wasn't going to ruin love at first sight.
"I sorta, wanted Rex to show me around." she said sorrowfully.
"Please Rex." Layka looked up at him with big pleading golden eyes.
She started pawing the ground and tilting her head down, still gazing into his eyes, for dramatic effect. Layka specialized in getting what she wanted, and she was NOT going to quit.
"You know Rex;" she walked towards him, swishing her tail every few steps, letting her ringlets bounce up and she took a step, "I've never met any stallion quite as enchanting as you." and with that she turned around, and headed away.
Leave him hanging. If he's yours, he'll come running.
Being the icy mare she was, Layka had broken dozens of hearts, but Rex was something she wanted, she wouldn't break his heart.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:14

As Rex was about to reply to Layka, Dutchess popped up, her pink hair swaying in the autumn breeze. He was torn; Rex wanted a chance to speak to Layka alone, but Dutch was now apart of his life. I'm not already regretting this, am I? he asked himself. No. Rex needed to be committal. He couldn't just run off with every gorgeous mare that showed up.

Rex was stunned at what the two horses were doing. Sharp tones, odd smiles.. Why are women so confusing?! He opened his mouth, about to agree that he'd take Layka around Region 2 for a few hours when Dutchess piped up, "I'll take you!" Maybe it's just me, or was her tone kind of.. harsh? Rex shook his head, baffled.

And then Layka spoke her jabbing words. Rex was now extremely weirded out by their behaviour. He opened his mouth once again, trying to call a time-out when Layka, in all her gorgeous glory, turned on the charm..

He froze. Damn! This chick was hot! No. Dutchess is the adorable one. Argh!! Rex was fighting a losing battle. Then the fashion forward arabian trotted around him, her eyes liquid-y and unbelievably large. His heart stopping, Rex shut his eyes as if to block out what was happening.

"I've never met a stallion quite as enchanting as you," he heard an alluring voice say, close to his hooped ear. Rex felt a shiver down his spine. He waited for more words to come, but only hoofbeats sounded. He opened his eyes. Dutchess was standing by his side, and Layka was trotting away, her tail, in ringlets, bouncing with every step.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:21

She looked at Rex. Seriously she thought. Now she was angry. She gave Layka a angry glare. Dutchess was furious! She felt like she would blow up. She knew exactly what this are was trying to do NO NO NO NO NO NO, She is not going to get away with this. She went and stood right in front of Rex, so he couldn't see Layka anymore. She turned to him. "So Rex, what are you thinking?" she asked, in a very annoyed tone. She was about to burst into flames. Things were going to get very messy soon.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:30

as Layka trotted away, she smiled, pleasant that she had at least gotten to Dutchess, and hopefully Rex.
When is Rex going to follow me. she thought.
She started humming as she looked at the flowers on the ground, and pranced around the area, keeping close to Rex.
She walked toward the lake and looked down at her reflection, He should have run towards me by now she thought, then looked up and turned, and saw Dutchess blocking Rex's view of her adorableness.
She finally came back up to Rex,
"So, Rex..are you going to show me around?" she said, batting her eyelashes.
turn on the charm, go on with sad stories, maybe you can guilt trip him into liking you.
"I finally feel like I have a chance to be with others," she lied.
"My father tryed to kill my sister when she was born;" she continued, but this was true.
"After my parents set her to die, she survived, and hated me since...I couldn't do anything about it though, I was too young and didn't understand what was happening" Layka said, ending her sentence.
She stood awkwardly, looking down at the grass.
Crycrycrycrycrycry she thought.
Suddenly a tear dripped down her cheekbone.
"Sorry" she said, her voice breaking.

The fact that her sister had hated her, really did make her cry, but Layka didn't want Dutchess to know that she had a soft spot.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:49

Rex's eyes were following the glamorous Layka when Dutch stepped into his line of vision. What the heck?! he instantly felt remorse for his thinking, but was still pretty ticked. When she asked him what he was thinking, Rex simply stared.

Hearing the now familiar light hoof-steps of Layka, Rex craned his neck around the strawberry roan mare.

"So, are you going to show me around?"

Rex impatiently weaved his way around Dutchess, to talk to Layka again. But before he could answer her, she let loose a torrent of words; now tearing up. "Hey..," Rex said to her softly, carefully. "It's okay. Don't cry." His voice filled with care, Rex nudged Layka's head. "You're okay. Everything's gonna be fine."
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:56

Layka glanced up at Rex, eyes all teary. She did have a soft spot, but wouldn't admit it to anyone.
"I-I'm good now.." she said
"can you show me around" the question was getting repeated over and over
Please say yes so I dont need to stand around Dutchess
she started grazing while she was waiting for a reply, occasionally looking up at Rex.
"Sorry, Im Starving" Layka said.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 23:55

That was it. She knew the game the mare was playing at and she was god damn good at it. Dutchess stormed off. "I guess you'll get what you want after all Layka" she yelled behind her. "Oh and thanks a lot Rex" she screamed ever louder. She was so angry. Anyone that got in her way WOULD end up seriously hurt. She knew Layka was faking everything. She was trying to steal Rex away and he obviously had no intention of staying with her so why not let him be with Layka. I'm obviously not good enough for him, she's so perfect with all her little lies, I can see through them all, he can't

She kept galloping, non stop. She saw the cave where, just a few hours earlier, her and Rex were happy. She slowed and then stopped. She approached the cave and then started crying. "I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you" she said to herself.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 0:19

"Okay," Rex said to Layka, trying to sound as comforting as possible. "And sure, I'll take you around. It'll take a few hours, soo.."

As soon as he said this, Dutchess flipped. Shrieking at them both, she ran full speed away. Rex froze. Oh no! Now what have I done?! Pangs started eating at his heart. Rex looked at Layka blankly, unsure of what to do. Of course, he should go to Dutch! But what was her problem acting that way when Layka obviously needed consolation for her sad past?!

Rex reared in confusion, his anklet glinting in the light. His hooves pounded as they made contact with the ground. Rex glanced back at the grazing horse. "Layka.. I.. I think we have something special. No, I know we have something special. What that something is, I'm not sure. But I'll be honest. You fascinate me. I need to know more about you.

"But I also need to be with Dutch. She needs me. And she won't understand what we have. So you need to be patient," Rex spoke in short sentences, trying to make sense to her and himself. "So.. please understand." And with that, Rex nudged Layka very faintly on the neck and galloped back towards the cave.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 0:28

And in a few swift seconds, Layka got the man, and then lost him again.
Stupid Dutchess...the mare best stay away from him, If she knows whats good for her.
How could she not believe me about my past. Ask anyone who knows me, they'll know My sister tried to MURDER me.

"But...Rex" her words were fading as he galloped away.
Layka stormed back to the lake, and lay down half in the lake, and half out.
Staring at her reflection, "Is there something wrong with me, I spend all my time, trying to be perfect, and meet everyone's expectations, but do I ever get appreciated, NO!"she muttered to herself.
"Its always Layka this, Layka that, why can't you be perfect!?" She started crying.
"We-w-well Im sorry, for giving my best efforts, and keeping my head held high even when I mess up." her voice was breaking, she was speaking to herself, and the moon that was coming out.
"Moon, do you love me?" she said bitterly.
Looking at her reflection once more, she got up and kept making huge splashes and ripples in the water.
"I can't bare look at myself, If I'm not good enough for Rex, then I guess I'll have to stop trying for him..." she paused.
"But I won't move on"
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 0:34

She heard hoof beats behind her. She swiftly turned around, half fearing that it would be Layka coming to get her. but instead she sees Rex. "WHAT DO YOU WANT!" she screamed at him, her ears pinned right back. She was not going to get over this easily. He had betrayed her, right in front of her eyes. Who does that! Then she realized that he had left Layka by the lake. "I s she not good enough for you either" she said coldly. She wasn't going to stand for this. It was either Her or Layka. Which was it going to be?
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 1:04

Immediately after entering the secluded, once romantic, cave, Rex was shouted at. He stood his ground, but his neck was lowered vulnerably. He could hardly believe that only a few hours earlier, right in this very spot, they were caressing each other.

"Dutchess.." Rex began timidly, attentively. "I don't deserve you or Layka. Neither of you should ever have the misfortune to be around me. I was sludge, laying eyes on her when we're together. At least, I hope we're still together." He stepped in closer, but still stayed far enough away from Dutch to give her personal space.

"And that brings me back to us. You shouldn't forgive me. But I ask you to. I love you. And I know you love me too. This could simply be a bump in the road compared to our possible future. Please forgive me."

Rex stood quietly, awaiting her verdict.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 1:11

Possible future? Did her really want that? How can I trust him again she thought to herself. "Why should I give you second chance Rex, because you love me?" she said coldly. Really, she was going to take him back anyway. Whether she could get anything more out of him before she did. She broke down, she could keep up this furiousness anymore. "Okay, I may have over reacted a little bit, but I mean, how could you?" she said sobbing. "But, I do love you, still" she told him. "But please, don't hurt me again." She took a deep breath, trying to regain herself. "Sorry for shouting at you too" she said apologetically. She slowly walked up to him and nuzzled him for a brief moment.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 1:26

Rex breathed a sigh of relief at her words. "I'm sorry. It's just.. Layka was so..," he stopped, seeing Dutch's eyes harden. "Never mind. You're perfect. And I love you. I hope you know that." Rex kissed her back, feeling the wetness of her tear drops.

(Roxy. It was wet. LOLOL)

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 15:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 1:52

He started to go on about Layka and she gave him a hard, cold stare. Then he stopped. That's better
"We should probably go and sort things out with Layka" she said, unwillingly. She didn't really want to but she knew it had to be done. She started walking,, and looked back to see if Rex was following her.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 15:10

Layka heard hoof beats approaching, and stopped crying.
She looked over to see Dutchess and Rex.
Get a hold of yourself Layka. he's gone with her, and you can't stop it
She started grazing, and acted like nothing happened before.
"Hello" she said, gloomy
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 15:49

She saw how upset Layaka was. "Listen Layka" she said with a very empty tone. She wasn't going to show sympathy for her. "I am truly sorry about what happened, I may have over reacted slightly..." she stopped. What are you saying Dutch, you didn't over react. This whole thing was her fault she thought although she wasn't going to say it aloud. Rex's fault too.He shouldn't have got all googly eyed over her

She looked over at Rex, making sure he wasn't doing what he was doing before. Am I really this jealous? She asked herself.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:02

Rex was looking at the ground, determined not to make eye contact with either of them. He was embarrassed, and very much so. "Hello," he mumbled. Rex did not want to admit it to himself, but he still wanted to.. get to know Layka more. He raised his head; Dutchess was making a stony apology to her.

"I suppose I may have over-reacted..," Dutch finished. Rex turned his head away from her and rolled his eyes, Layka noticing. He sneaked her a small wink, trying to slip silent words into it. Oh, please, Layka, don't be discouraged, Rex thought. I still want to get to know you!!

He spoke up, "So, uh, we'll see you around I suppose, Layka?" Rex looked at Dutch. "Time to go?" His voice dripped with disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:09

Layka didn't believe Dutchess' apology was sincere and it didn't mean anything to her.
"Im sorry for my behavior too." Layka had meant what she said.
Just then she had noticed Rex winking at her.
What? But...he loves Dutchess
She was confused.
"Well. Im going to go lay over there," Layka began walking towards the middle of the area, there was one lonely oak tree. Just the tree for me, I guess maybe some peace and quiet was needed
Layka layed under the tree, and fell asleep
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:13

She saw the confusion on Layka's face. What was it for. She looked a Rex again. What did he do? It was probably nothing Dutch she told herself. "Yea, lets go" she said coldly, not wanting to be around Layka any longer. She trotted off happily with Rex by her side. She could help but smile because she had won. For now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Head is an Animal
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Upper Lakes Territory-
Jump to: