Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Head is an Animal

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
16jasmine16

My Head is an Animal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012 - 23:59

Rex was galloping across a dreamy plain, Layka by his side. They ran and ran, clouds floating through the sky revealing a romantic rainbow. He looked over at the ringleted mare, and gave her a smile which Layka returned. As they went over the hill, a beautiful beach came into view. Waves crashed soundlessly, leaving shining wet sand in its wake. Rex flew into the water and splashed merrily, beckoning Layka to join him. But she was looking over his shoulder, a terrified look upon her face. "Wha--" Rex began when a huge tidal wave flung him into the air! "Help!!" he screamed.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?" the infuriated voice of Dutchess echoed through the sky.
Rex could barely get out his weak excuse, "I- I didn't d- do anything!"
Magnified over ten times her size, Dutchess stomped angrily in the sand. She had no eyes for Layka, she only sought to inflict revenge. With a yell of rage, the giant mare kicked Rex into the sea, and pushed him under the surface. Salt water snuck into his lungs, burning, searing.

And then he was brought back up onto the white sand. Rex coughed and spluttered, the whole time Dutchess laughed cruelly. Layka stood over him, crying, saying over and over "Rex.. No.. Rex!"

"Rex.."
He opened his eyes. Oh my god. It was just a dream. Rex felt something touch his shoulder; Layka. "Gih ermph?" his words jumbled tiredly. "How long have you been here?"
Stretching his head out, Rex got up. It seemed to be the middle of the night, according to the shining crescent moon. He shifted closer to Layka, drawing in body heat in the cool night air.
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012 - 1:23

(Long post is long)

Layka slipped away yet again. 'Do you mind if I go alone?' Rex said and before she could answer he was gone.
And yet again I am left alone, Layka the one that is more important. The jealousy was back. This is what she had planned all along wasn't it. To get close to me, to pretend that she was my friend and then suddenly rip out my heart and leave me with nothing. My everything was gone. My Everything. My Rex. Her brain was going to explode. This was always going to happen.

She just stood there, the cold, hard floor inviting her to join it. She gladly accepted the invitation. She slumped to the ground. It's obvious that he still loved her, that she was never going to give up in getting what she wanted, and that I was always going to be the one left with the broken heart. She doubted that Rex would come back. Probably going to spend the night with Layka, leave me here alone without even telling me what he was planning to do. She was fuming yet again. What on earth was she turning into? Maybe I am just not little miss perfect, maybe I am just a freakin useless nobody that everyone will just step on!

She watched Rex and Layka from a distance. They were standing over their little foal who was frolicking about in the fresh, green grass. Everything was perfect, for them. Dutchess had a huge black cloud over her head. Constantly raining on her, ruining her life. It always scared people away, nobody ever talked to her. She felt so alone. She was going to be alone, for the rest of her life.

She broke into a gallop, going straight for Rex. "THIS COULD HAVE BEEN US!" she screamed at him, tears streaming down her face. "WE COULD HAVE BEEN THE BIG HAPPY FAMILY" she screamed through her sobs. "But no, little miss perfect right here..." she motioned toward Layka "...Came along and had to ruin everything for us" she said, with huge sobs.

She thrashed around in her sleep, not even stirring when Rex came back into the cave. She hadn't noticed that Layka was now at the cave entrance too. The horrible dream started to fade away, leaving her feeling depressed and alone. She started to notice the voices at the cave entrance. Rex and Layka

She didn't open her eyes, she just let them talk.
Well, if he is going to go crawling back to her, so be it. I am going to find someone so much BETTER that him
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012 - 7:44

Layka smiled as Rex woke up.
"Only a few minutes" she said.
"How was your sleep? You looked as though you had a bad dream" she said with concern.
Layka Rested her head on his shoulders and closed her eyes.
"we both should get some rest," looking up at him.
"We need it" she finished talking and drifted off to sleep.

'Rex! Look at our foal!' she happily called out. 'Isn't he simply amazing, like his father' she sneaked in a little wink and still smiled.
The foal attempted standing and fell back down, Layka helped him stand up.
'What would you like to call him?' she asked.
But suddenly Dutchess appeared, towering over them. She beckoned the foal to follow her, and Layka's beloved foal was gone.

Layka slowly woke up, she was sweating, her body in flames - almost in flames,
She walked outside into the cool air of a new morning and closed her eyes to relax. To forget the nightmare that had stepped on her precious dream. But not to forget Rex.

After about 5 minutes of calming herself, she stepped back into the cave, noticing Dutchess in the corner. She stopped.
How long was she here..did she see anything?
She quickly left the cave and ran underneath her tree, panting from the wave of panic that had rose over her.
She fell asleep underneath the tree and ran to dreamland
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012 - 16:55

"Yeah, I had a nightmare. But it's fine."
He murmured an agreement and the pair fell asleep again.

--

Morning came quickly, to Rex's discouragement. "Go away, sun.." he groaned. He opened his eyes slightly and saw that Layka wasn't in the cave. "Layka?"
Rex got up faster than he normally would have and looked around the room. "Where are you?" His eyes roved around and fell upon the sleeping body of Dutchess. How did she get here?!

Rex walked out quietly, slowly, so as to not wake the Saphyra and risk a fight. Almost there.. As he was about to step out into the light, Rex tripped over a rock and fell with a yell. "Ow. Ow. Ow," he repeated, in pain.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012 - 17:03

Did she sleep here all night? What are you doing Rex!
She was never fully asleep. She could hear everything that they were saying.

Her eyes shock open as Rex fell over the rocks and yelled.
"What happened?" she asked in a tone that sounded like she didn't care anymore. She didn't. She got up and went and stood over him as he lay on the ground. "Have a nice sleep?" she asked him with a uninterested tone and then she walked off.
He obviously doesn't want you Dutch. Just leave him. Let him go running to Layka
He hatred for the both of them was growing stronger and stronger. She went and sat by a nice sunny rock, letting the sun burn her skin. It's not going to make me any uglier
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012 - 16:46

[OOC: Topic is closed?]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Head is an Animal
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Upper Lakes Territory-
Jump to: