Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fear And Loathing

Go down 
+2
16jasmine16
Masquerade
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Masquerade

Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 21:07

Maple sighed, "Fine I'll go."
She glared at the other horses, "But only because if you do get hurt I may be the only one to help you."
If I don't die that is.
Back to top Go down
Lusterrox

Lusterrox

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 21:08

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Adelina trotted off towards the forest with bundles of excitement.
Back to top Go down
http://lusterrox.deviantart.com
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 21:10

"Ha, sure you are. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a encounter with the lydes. They would rip you up." He told her, trying to over exaggerate it, but it was true, they would rip her up. "Believe me, you are being immature, and that isn't going to get you very far here, sweetheart."

(Haha, quoting Haymitch from the Hunger Games here)
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 21:24

Wrinkling her nose in disgust at Thunder's words, Stella scurried after her friend. "Psst. Adelina. Is it just me, or is Thunder seriously annoying? What do you say to givin' him and Maple the slip and covering ground fast, just you and me?"
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 21:33

"Don't think you're going to get away from me. I am not letting you out of my sight." God, he was starting to sound like her dad. He started on after them. He quickly turned back to Maple. 'Listen, don't let them get to you. Do the smart thing and stay here" he told her. Was he going to have to look after everyone.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:06

"No. Someone has to look after you when you're all on the brink of dying." She rolled her eyes.
"Even if this is suicide," She mumbled, "Right lets go, they like to be in the dark."
She pricked her ears and started heading into the shadows her tail trailing behind her.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:11

"Alright then" he said stubbornly. It was bad enough that there were two of them going, but now Maple too. He didn't want anyone to get hurt. Why did I agree to this? I could have just stayed back, let them go off on their own and get killed. Am I starting to care for these horses? The thought made him shudder. He was always so cold and solitary. maybe being around other horses and softened him. No, I will not let this get to me, I am doing this because if I don't it will be my fault. I should be the one who dies, not them.
Back to top Go down
Lusterrox

Lusterrox

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 17:01

"Alright Stella, we need to devise a plan to distract them and then we will break for it." Adelina giggled with incredulous laughter.
But how would she distract them...
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 17:11

"Just wait for my signal," she hissed out of the corner of her mouth. "Alrighty, here we go!" Stella shouted. She plowed into the brambles and bushes, strands of hair catching on the leaves.

Stella fought through the foliage and paused in a clearing. Seeing Thunder's very annoyed look, she said to him, "You know, Thunder, you really need to chillax. The lydes aren't actually gonna rip us up!" She laughed. "Hey, get ready.." the bay youngster muttered to Adelina.

When Thunder began to speak to Maple, Constellarus did a little buck and giggled. "Come on, Ad!!" She ran into the plants, weaving her small body between foliage. "I don't think that Thunder will be able to catch up this us now; he's too big to fit!"
Back to top Go down
Lusterrox

Lusterrox

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 17:19

Adelina leaped through the foliage after Stella. She chuckled when Stella mentioned Thunder too big to fit. "When I'm in the army, at least I'll be agile enough to dodge the lydes!"
She trotted forward with her tail high in the air. "Let's go find those suckers."
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 17:25

Together, Adelina and Constellarus galloped their way through the forest, ditching the others perfectly. "Do you smell anything snake-y-ish yet?" Stella asked her friend. "The lydes have an odd scent to them, so we need to keep a nose out for that." She smirked. That sounds really weird, haha.

Stella stepped over one of the rare, small creeks that inhabited Shadow Territory. She looked down at the ground and saw in the mud an oddly shaped print. "Ad! Look! Do you think this belongs to a lyde?"
Back to top Go down
Lusterrox

Lusterrox

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 17:32

Adelina looked down at the print. It had claw marks in it. "That's definitely a lyde. We must be getting closer because it's been here for at least 2 hours."
She walked further on and found a dimmed feather. It still had it's color, but it was fading. "There must've been a lyde fight in the area."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 19:27

Maple looked around then flattened her ears back as far as they would go.
"Those fools have given us the slip!" She glared at Thunder, not meaning it for him but for her anger with the younger horses. "Those idiots!" She'd had enough they were going to get themselves into more trouble. Two young horses and a Lyde were a good recipe for disaster.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:32

I AM A IDIOT His mind was screaming! How could he let them get away
"What the hell are we going to do?" he yelled. "The lydes will rip them to shreds, even if one of them is in the army!"
He looked at Maple.
Oh God, what happens if they find a lyde and they run away, bringing it back here. They have only just recovered from a recent attack!
The scrub was messy, but he was going to have to try get through it.
"You ready to go Maple?" he asked her. They needed to find the two young horses quickly and with Maple's ability to heal, he needed her.
Thunder started off, following the way the youngsters went. He may be big, but he is also strong and after a little pulling, he made it through the area where Stella had said that he would fit because he was 'too big'. He started following their tracks.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:36

Maple nodded and followed Thunder through the scrub. Leaping nimbly over things. She was quiet small and lean so she found it easy to get around in the forest. Those silly kids, they were going to get us all killed.
"I don't know why I agreed to this," She hissed through clenched teeth, her tail had gotten snagged and she had to pull it out of a bush. It left behind a few long strands of her beautiful hair. Flattening her ears she pressed on.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:39

Stella froze. "Do you hear that?" she whispered urgently to her friend. "I think I hear Thunder! We gotta scram! Quick, through here." She dove into the trees, moving as fast her small legs could carry her.

Ew, it smells! Constellarus thought. "I'm pretty sure we're getting close to the lyde territory, Adelina!" she squealed, cantering faster. As another clearing came into view, Stella saw an ominous dark shadow flit between trees. Surprised, she fell over a stump and tripped head over heels into another clearing. It reeked of the reptilian stench here.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:44

"Listen, I didn't want to go either, but I am not letting them die out here." He replied angrily. "They will be such a easy targ..." He stopped. "Smell that?" he asked her.
It was awful. Then he heard twig breaking and spun around to see Stella trip over a log into the clearing. Oh CRAP! he started to make his way over slowly, trying not to startle them. He moved in next to Adelina.
"You might want to run now." he told her with a very stern voice. "NOW" he yelled as the first lyde started going for Stella.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:32

Maple was rooted to the spot. The stench made her want to stop breathing. Scrunching up her nose she saw shadows moving around them. "Were done for..." She managed to whisper.

Thunder began to scream at them. Suddenly Maples hooves were churning up the ground as she lead the way through the under growth. She'd escaped death once, she wasn't going to let it get her now.
Back to top Go down
Lusterrox

Lusterrox

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 19:23

Adelina's heart jumped with fear. She turned and fled after Maple.
This was an awful idea, she whispered to herself. The forest seemed to engulf her mind, every shadow jumped out at her. Illusions. She was losing her mind. She didn't know if Thunder and Stella were right behind her. She didn't know if she was going to reach the edge of the forest alive.
Then, she saw an opening to the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 19:43

Stella screamed. A lyde flew out of the trees and latched onto her neck, another one jumping in front of Thunder. "HELP!!" she cried out. The lyde sunk its teeth into her fleshy bay coat, its claws gripping tight as Constellarus reared and bucked, attempting to rid herself of the filthy creature. "Help me!" she wailed again.

In desperation, Stella threw herself upon the forest floor and thrashed wildly. Get off, GET OFF! were her only thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 0:36

(Sorry it is so long!)

DON"T JUST STAND THERE THUNDER!! DO SOMETHING his mind yelled at him. He lunged forward, smashing into the lyde that was blocking him from Stella. "GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU FILTHY BASTARD!" he yelled, giving it a hard kick in the head. He reared up, bringing his hooves down hard onto the stomach of the lyde that was attached to Stella's neck. It was relentless. He kicked it and kicked it. The beast wasn't giving up. He gave a powerful kick, right into the lydes skull. It let go of Stella's neck and fell to the ground. Is it dead? he thought. He checked the other lyde who was laying on the ground. This one wasn't. It suddenly jumped up, biting into his rump. it took about 10 large, powerful kicks before the beast dropped. He ran to Stella who lying on the forest floor.
"Stella, Stella, are you okay?" he yelled giving her a hard shake. More would come soon, knowing that some of their own had died. Thunder had no time to wait for a reply. He grabbed her mane in his mouth and started dragging her. She will be way to weak to walk he thought when he saw the amount of blood that was on the ground. This is your fault Thunder, why did you bring up the lydes in the first place? He wanted to hit himself although the lydes had already done that.

He was almost at the clearing when he heard the sound of hooves hitting the ground. "Please don't tell me there is more" he yelled. He gave an almighty tug and got Stella into the clearing. He turned to see Maple and Adelina standing there. They had obviously just gotten out of the forest.
"Stella got attacked" he said frantically. "And I think there might be more coming"
He glanced back to the forest, but there was nothing. Maybe it was just the hooves of the two mares standing beside him, looking down at Stella's limp body. He gave her another shake. "Stella, you have got to open your eyes, tell us that you are okay. He feared the worse. He looked at Maple. "Is there anything that you can do?" His eyes were pleading. He didn't want to lose someone he classed as a friend, although he was sure that Stella didn't think the same way.

He then turned to Adelina. "And WHY did you run off like that?" he yelled, angry that they ditched him. "This could cost Stella her life you know. You should be lucky that I got there in time to fight them off and to tell you to go! Otherwise you would both be dead meat!"

He was starting to feel weaker from the wound on his rump but he ignored it. Stella was priority right now. Just another scar to add to the collection
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 0:49

Maple watched as Thunder dragged Stellas body into the clearing, then listened as he yelled at Adelina, "Thunder stop! Yelling isn't going to help!" She hadn't yelled but her voice was sharp. She spun around to Adelina, "Right you go find some moss, it works best on cuts, I want you to hold it down on Stellas wounds," She had gone back to her softer voice, "If there's any chance of letting her survive that will have to do for now until we can heal it properly."

She spun around again to face Thunder, "You seem strong enough to hold on for a while. They're gonna come again. We'll have to be ready. I'll help fend them off."

Maple stood with her head held up high and her nostrils flared, they might all die. But the cremello wasn't going down without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:09

Yelling was the only thing he could do right now. it was the only thing that was keeping him sane.
"Let's worry about the yelling later" he grumbled.
Suddenly, the sound of hooves started again.
"They're coming." He was yelling again, this time it was to warn Adelina and maybe Stella, if she was awake anyway.

The first of the three lydes burst through the scrub, lunging at Maple. Thunder charged right into it's side as it was in the air, bring it down hard on the ground. The other two came bursting through. "Maple" he yelled to her, "Try to keep them away from Stella." Thunder kicked the first lyde, the leader, in the jaw, then kicking it right in the throat. With one last thumping kick, he cracked the lydes skull. He turned to face the other two. One lunged at him, grasping onto his neck. Thunder squealed as it sunk it's teeth deeper into his neck. He thrashed around, trying to throw if off but it was no use. He spyed a tree, about 10 feet away. He started to drag himself over toward it, the lyde still clutching his neck. He built up his speed, smashing the lyde into the tree. The lyde released it's grip, and Thunder kicked it in the head. He left it there, it wasn't dead though, it would be back up soon. The third lyde was going straight for Stella. "MAPLE" he yelled, "STELLA"

The lyde he smashed against a tree had regained itself. The things are so strong he thought. Wrong time to think.The lyde sunk it's teeth into his leg, pulling him to the ground. So this is how I'm going to die
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:21

Everything went silent for a split second, though to Maple it seemed to go on forever. The lydes had burst through the bush
moving so fast they seemed to blur. The mare reared up her hooves thrashing the air like weapons. As soon as one of the stinking creatures came near her she promptly struck it in the jaw with her back hooves. It made a grab for her grabbing her leg. With a neigh of alarm she kicked again and managed to get free. Spinning around she pounded her hooves into the creature. She was going to die. They were all going to die.

Rolling her eyes back so the whites were clearly showing she bucked the lyde a final time sending it back into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 1:30

All of a sudden, the weight was gone. Maple had scared the lyde off. "Thank you" he whispered just before he fell unconscious. His dreams were slurred. What he could make out from the fuzz was his family. They were happy though. Not what they were like. What he wished they were like. Then the lydes, attacking his family, and then him, and Stella, and Maple. He started shaking. He was so cold. This woke him up. It was getting dark. "Stella" he whispered, remembering that she was majorly injured. He slowly got to his feet but immediately sat back down as a wave a nausea came over him. Don't be sick, Don't be sick he told himself, not wanting to make a fool of himself. Here he was, still thinking about himself when there were others who might lose their life.

The grass so green, the sky is so pretty, that tree is so beautif.... he was thinking random, child-like thoughts when he slipped back into unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 2:15

The lydes had retreated, but their stench hung in the air making Maple dizzy. Every now and then she thought there was a small flash of something moving through the trees. Shuddering she managed to stay standing watching almost helplessly as her new found friends lay dying before her. Her leg was sore, so sore, the pain had hit after the attack. All she could do was wait. She had to stay awake, the lydes were waiting. They were here still waiting for her to fail.
She neighed into the dark, the sound slowly fading around her, praying her plea for help would be heard.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear And Loathing    Fear And Loathing  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear And Loathing
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Lower Lakes Territory-
Jump to: