Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I been... I been losing sleep...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mendax

I been... I been losing sleep...  Empty
PostSubject: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 0:17

Hybrid. Different. Freaky. Many more words had been shot at her throughout her childhood. She looked like a wolf in all the right places, but her eyes were pure silver with no pupils and somehow she had gotten wings. She was able to hide them in her fur, but word got around. The whole pack knew of her differences and they shunned her for them. She was thought to be possessed by many, so they kept their children away. The Alpha took pity on her and allowed her to stay, but only on the outskirts and only if she stayed away from the others. She had been born into this pack, it was her blood family, but truthfully it was no family of hers. They did not want her, and many spoke of chasing her away and then telling the Alpha that she had run. And she would too, if she had anywhere to go. The hybrid was a fighter and quite a bit stronger than the others, but she longed for peace. She longed for a place to call home where no one would judge her by her looks. If they would only look past the deformities, she was a beautiful creature. Her ebony fur made her eyes shine beautifully. Her wings gave her a regal look that had been the origin of her name, which was Reign. Of course only the Alpha called her by her actual name. All the others called her what they wished and never spoke directly to her. So really she was as alone as she would be if she were truly on her own. They would never protect her in times of danger. In fact, if anything were to happen, she would be the first one to fight. They would run and she would be left behind to defend herself. She didn't mind honestly. She had a "home", a place to live and food to catch and eat. Life wasn't exactly perfect, but it was decent.
The day she left was a normal day, but then again it wasn't. Even now she isn't sure exactly why she left, but she had been munching on a squirrel when the desire to fly had taken over. The Alpha had told her that if she wished to fly she would have to go out of sight so she would not frighten the pups. Reign had gone to her normal take-off spot and flung herself into the air. It always felt strange flying. Wolves were not meant to fly, they were land animals. But Reign had been given wings and so she used them quite often. Once in the air the hybrid got the desire to fly away from her "home", to see the rest of the lands. The idea threw up flags in her mind, but her wings were already taking her away and she didn't try to stop herself. She knew that if she flew away then the others would take the opportunity to leave so she wouldn't be able to find them, but Reign couldn't stop herself. She flew for miles, scanning the ground for nothing in particular. After a couple hours she landed in a field and looked around the area. Satisfied and confused as to what had driven her here, the wolf hybrid moved over to a tree and sat with her wings folded, looking like a normal wolf for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 0:27

Lying on the ground for hours or more, staring blankly, awaiting absolutely nothing. This pitiful cycle repeated itself day after day, and would do so forever.
Other decided to stand up and walk around. Her legs felt numb and she stomped her hooves around a little before moving around. Whilst walking towards a familiar tree she spent the past week lying underneath, she saw a wolf swoop down from the sky and lay down beneath it.
Other tilted her head and looked at the wolf quizzically.
She simply stood there and observed, as it was that this wolf had wings. Other glanced at her own back and begun picking at her feathers. She stood there doing so for approximately five minutes until she got tired of it and decided it would be best to stay out of the wolfs sight for the day. Once night time begun to approach, she would be fine.
Other stood behind a tree watching the wolf, occasionally she found her eyes straying off, looking at ravens, and the icy creek.
A cold drop landed on her nose and she looked up to find that it had begun to snow, occasionally twitching her head to remove the snow, she still kept her focus on the wolf. She was silent, studying the wolf almost; as though it would prepare her in a case of danger. Normally Other would find herself flying off but this could not be the case, as it was that the wolf could fly as well.
Back to top Go down
Mendax

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 0:41

Reign felt the eyes of another being on her but she did nothing to hide herself. Being accustomed to the stares of other creatures, the feeling did not bother her. Instead, she scanned the area slowly, her silver eyes narrowing. She shook herself as the snow started to fall, tilting her head up to look into the sky. The sun had started to slowly fall from its perch in the sky and she sighed. This night would be passed without the protection of the pack. She was alone and practically defenseless in the open. But the wold refused to leave the tree. Something had made her come here and she would find out what it was, even if that meant spending the night in an open field with only a tree at her back. Normally at night she would be curled in the bushes, hiding from the others to keep the risk of scaring them at a minimum. She changed at night... becoming even more different than before. She felt it as she started to tremble, and not from the cold. As the sun fell from the sky, Reign wrapped her wings around herself and curled into a ball beneath the tree. She couldn't tell if the eyes were still watching her, but she was too busy with her transformation to think about it. It didn't happen often either, maybe once or twice every month. When it did she was at her most vulnerable. Reign's body folded in on itself, shrinking until she was no bigger than a pup. Her fur had become sleek and shining, her bones trying to escape her skin. Her wings were skeletal like, and her eyes were brighter than ever. She was much more fragile in this state, her bones easily broken. In this state she was pathetic. Sighing the now wolf pup hybrid thing covered herself with her tiny wings and tried to blend into the shadows, although the light of her eyes shone through her closed eyelids and into the night. 
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 0:52

Other stared at the sunset and closed her eyes tightly, she knew it would happen but was never going to get used to it. She knew she would be spotted by the wolf, who by now was also transforming. She found it odd.
Others body engulfed itself in flames and she spread her wings wide open, and started walking in circles, eyes still closed. She would not let out a scream.
The burning process lasted until complete dark, and she always took advantage of it. Frightening any creature that dared threaten her.
Other decided to approach the wolf, seeing as she was able to hold a fight now.
She slowly walked forward, Flames burning a brilliant red, she opened her mouth, but made no noise. She stood in front of the wolf and spread her wings wide as she could, the fire crackled, and sparks flew everywhere, dissolving in the snow, creating an aura of smoke around her. She opened her eyes, on fire they gleamed. Her vision was blurred but she would manage.
She let out a tiny squeal of pain, as this was the most painful, yet oddly enough, her favorite part of the day.
She opened her mouth as her teeth began to get sharper, and still, stood there facing the wolf.
She lowered her head and closed her eyes, as she folded her wings back up.
Still engulfed in flames, she simply dropped to the ground and lay her head on the cool snow, looking at the wolf with her burning eyes. She occasionally licked the snow on the ground and then looked at the sky, awaiting the period of burning to end. This was a daily routine and she would never grow tired of it.
Back to top Go down
Mendax

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 1:06

The skeletal wolf pup's eyes yanked open and she stared as the creature came towards her. Unable to do much other than lay frozen, Reign watched in terror. She was not able to defend herself and would end up hurting herself, and possibly killing herself in the process, if she tried to attack. It wouldn't be much of a fight anyways in her state. All the thing had to do was step on her or hit her once and she'd be done. Reign's tiny body trembled, her bones knocking together with a clacking sound. Her silver eyes stayed locked on the creature before her. She flinched at the heat but still didn't move. Whimpering, the wolf pup lay in the melting snow, truly believing that this was death coming to take her life.
When the creature lay before her, Reign gasped and flinched away. The impact of her body on the tree made her wince and whimper again. Her skin was so thin that it was practically transparent. If one were to look hard and long enough they would be able to notice the blood flowing and the organs working to keep her alive. Each breath she took made her body look like it was going to break. She calmed after a moment though as the creature's flames began to die down. Suddenly curious, Reign tilted her head to the side slightly and opened her mouth. The tiny teeth glinted in the light as she attempted to speak.
"H..... Wh.... G...." She couldn't form any words. They were all in her head, exactly what she wished to say, but they wouldn't come out.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013 - 1:16

Other stared at the wolf. She looked up at the sky and sighed, relieved yet upset that her time of flames was ending. She looked at her hooves, then back at the wolf.
Tilting her head at the creatures attempts to form words, she just lay there silently. Other rarely thought of much, and even more of a rare occurrence was a sound uttered from her tiny mouth.
She licked the snow on the ground, her body still heated from the flaming process. Somehow, she couldn't shake the image of the terrified wolves face out of her mind.
Looking back at the wolf, Other stared for a minute or so, and proceeded to digging her face in the snow. She spread her wings wide, and started flapping them lightly, spreading the snow all over her body, releasing a cold air of relief. Other sighed, content with her cooling job for the night, and just lay there for a few more minutes. She stood up and stared at the wolf, tilting her head yet again, and then she dropped her head to the snow and pushed it near the creature. The flames from her body a few minutes ago must have been extremely overwhelming to this wolf. She stood there waiting for her offer to be accepted or refused, staring directly at the wolf not moving her focus anywhere.
Other was content with herself tonight.
Back to top Go down
Mendax

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 0:08

As the flames died down, taking the heat with them, Reign stayed frozen in her spot. Her skin burned and her blood seemed to boil from the previous heat that had assaulted her. It was quite painful in this form and she gladly unfroze her body and collapsed as softly as possible into the snow that the creature had offered. It felt amazing to the tiny pup and she let out a deep breath that she had been holding ever since the creature had stepped from the trees.
After cooling herself off with the snow, Reign twisted slowly around to eye the thing in front of her. She was a curiosity, that was for sure. Reign was almost positive that she was a deer, but unlike any deer she had seen before. The wolf never judged before getting to know another being though, having known how it felt. Her head tilted slightly to the right, Reign tried to form a sentence. Speaking in this form was always difficult for some odd reason. Maybe because the movement of her vocal chords hurt her somehow. But she wished to know this creatures name, to learn more about it.
"What is your name?" She forced out, wincing a bit.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 0:46

Other looked at her as she spoke.
She looked away and then back. She opened her mouth and let out a puff of cold air, and proceeded to eat more snow.
She looked away again, and in a quiet whisper, spoke her name, "Other"

She froze for a few moments, and then looked back at the wolf. Her red eyes slowly closing, scars forming on her cheek suddenly she opened her mouth wide and bared her teeth at something far away, after a little while she stopped and turned back to the wolf and lowered her head into the snow, just staring at each flake. She knew who made them, she observed him each winter and he had spoken to her before.

The snow thickened and she knew that he was arriving closer with every breath she took.
Back to top Go down
Mendax

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 16:10

Reign nodded in acceptance of Other's answer, glad that, even if they didn't really want to, they could communicate at least. She stood on her trembling legs to shift her position on the ground. After settling down again, the wolf pup narrowed her eyes and watched as Other reacted to something in the distance. She let out a breath and was momentarily mesmerized by the way it looked,the shapes it made in the cold air. As it vanished, Reign watched as the snow seemed to increase, almost burying her. She stood again and shook herself to rid her body of the snow. She shuddered before curling back up on the ground and blinking up at Other.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 20:58

Other looked at the wolf, It looked quite cold. She lifted one wing up, over the wolf to shield it from the snow. She looked at the stars, knowing night time wouldn't last forever and in the morning, she would become vulnerable yet again.

(ooc: im tired and i cant believe i wrote "she one wing up, over the wolf.ect")
Back to top Go down
Mendax

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 13:33

Grateful for the heat emanating from Other's wing as she covered her, Reign smiled and eventually stopped shivering. She closed her eyes for a moment, her tiny body exhausted from the cold and the effort of moving so often. She didn't have even half the energy she would normally have during the day and on normal nights. Reign hated these nights and she didn't understand why they happened, but all she could do was try and survive the night. The silence between them made her uncomfortable though, and even though it hurt her to speak. Sighing, Reign lifted her head and turned to look at the deer-like creature beside her. "What exactly are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I been... I been losing sleep...    I been... I been losing sleep...  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I been... I been losing sleep...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Region Three-The Tree Territory-
Jump to: