Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Distalicious

Distalicious

When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight Empty
PostSubject: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:37

Akarium lifted his head, staring at the bright, silver moon. Night was a dangerous time at Myst, and it only made his senses tingle even more. Adrenaline shot through his body, leaving his shaking. Snorting, he stomped his hoof, leaving a deep imprint in the ground. Midnight was coming soon, and only during this time did Akarium feel truly alive. He could tune into his powers better, understand himself better, and not lose his mind. Closing his eyes, he let his mind sink into the forest. He could hear the night owls hooting, the soft footsteps of some night creatures, all harmless. Abruptly, there was a rustle in the trees to his left flank. He started, shooting his eyes open. Glancing around, he could make out the dark, faint shape of a horse, hair glinting like silver in the moonlight.
"Who's there?", he demanded, his voice sounding like a Titan of a thousand years. He was not himself at night, he was something ancient, powerful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.distortedrationality.deviantart.com
xglassraindrops

xglassraindrops

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:53

"names are inconsequential." avis replied. her voice was a soft lilt, but it carried far enough to reach the stallions ears. "they are nothing but an attempt to own something that cannot be kept, for in the end what is valued is left behind." her words were those of an elder, but her appearance spoke of youth. the knowledge was not originally hers, but the duty to pass it on was her burden alone. avis stepped out into the moonlight. it silhouetted a smooth coat of ebony, and sparked hair of spun silver. "but some call me avis." she finished. a proud neck arched, tail carried high, gilded eyes a pale wintry grey as she continued to walk forward.

those eyes fell to the glowing mark on his hindquarters, and she wondered at it. avis carried a mark of her own, one right below both of her eyes, perfectly symmetrical. they were the mark of her family, one that branded them as soulwalkers to those who knew the unspoken language of the walkers. those who were gifted in the ability to live between the veils of multiple worlds. soulwalkers were ones who saw through to the spirit world. that of the souls, but not necessarily the dead.
Back to top Go down
http://xglassraindrops.deviantArt.com
Distalicious

Distalicious

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:48

Eyes narrowing, Akarium studied the mare. Her coat was dark, contrasting with her hair. Cocking his head, he listened to the wise words that flowed from her mouth. He watched as she stepped out from the shadows.
"Avis..", he said, as if trying out the words.
"I am Akarium. What brings you here? Night is a dangerous time, although I doubt that whatever lurks in the darkness would be able to wound you." He said this as a statement, a fact. He had no doubt that this Avis, with her curious markings, was powerful.
Looking into her eyes, he noticed the distinct, pale grey that studied him as he did her. Her markings caught his attention yet again, but this time he studied them carefully.
"Your markings are very...distinct." he hesitated. They seemed familiar to him, but he couldn't put his finger on it. So many things ran through his mind, a blur, memories, feelings, rushing by, leaving him agitated. His eyes flashed red for a moment, the only noticeable sign that signified his frustration. They returned to icy blue in an instant, as if the deep red was never there.
Back to top Go down
xglassraindrops

xglassraindrops

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:56

a faint smile graced her lips. "you recognize them." was all avis said, referring to her markings. "what do you remember of your family?" there was no doubt that akarium was a walker, or was of a group related to the walkers. if he was a wsalker, then the glowing of his runes signified a very powerful one. perhaps power enough to rival that of her own. there were no longer any of avis' family, none that she knew about in the least. they had all died. either of age, sickness, or the fire that had ravaged her homeland.

she noticed the red that flashed in akarium's eyes, however. that was not a trait of her kind, not even those who could walk with fire. that ruled him out, then. avis was puzzled. "do you know what you are?"
Back to top Go down
Distalicious

Distalicious

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 13:07

He laughed, a bitter sound.
"Family, I suppose I must have had one. They're gone now, I can feel it. Nothing is left, everything that has connected me to what was, what happened, gone. It's as if everything I knew before has been distinguished, destroyed. All that is left is myself, and yet, what am I? I've seeing horses around this place. They seem to know exactly where they're from and what they can and cannot do. Yet, I, myself, know nothing. All I can hope is that I find myself somehow, before I can injure others. My mind is fragmented, at times I do not know what happens. Things shift around me, and when I do come to my senses, nothing is the same anymore." He spat.
"Memories fly by, but nothing is solid. They change, dance around when I try to solve them, taunting me." Exasperatedly, he looked up towards to moon, noting the time. A sudden change came over him, his breathing slowed, and he turned back to Avis.
"Midnight is the only time when I feel as if everything pieces together, when I feel something ancient, yet so familiar, stir inside of me." He chuckled, and his rune glowed brighter. Opening his eyes, he knew they were red again.
Back to top Go down
xglassraindrops

xglassraindrops

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 13:12

avis paused. "i, i could help you." she murmurred quietly. "while your physical mind may not know, there is a chance your soul will know what you truly are." avis looked at him, the eyes that shone bright red. he was like nothing she had ever seen or encountered, not even through the lives of thousands. it was possible akarium had no family, that he was the only of his kind.

she knew what it was to feel alone. to not belong. but at the very least avis was able to recall the times before that. it appeared as if akarium suffered from memory loss. he would not, and could not, remember. it must be a lonely feeling, avis thought.
Back to top Go down
Distalicious

Distalicious

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 13:20

Studying the mare, Akarium was surprised at her offer.
"My soul..?" he questioned. He had never given much thought to his soul, he had tried time and time again to breach the mental block in his mind, getting more and more frustrated each time.
His soul though, seemed a delicate thing. But Avis, with her markings and mysterious aura, seemed to know what he felt.
She's been lonely herself before.. he realized.
Bowing his head, he said, "Thank you...it would be appreciated."
Back to top Go down
Distalicious

Distalicious

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2012 - 21:28

[Glassy and I had moved this to text messages, here's what happened]

Avis -- "avis looked akarium the eyes. "close your eyes", she said in a soothing voices, "imagine what is stirring deep down inside of you, the fire that burns within. call it up." avis' eyes misted over, giving her the look of a blind horse. the cloudy white glowed. an ethereal shape started to form, the color indistinct. the soul could not choose what form to take, she realized. akarium's soul was different, an unknown. the soul itself did not hold any knowledge of what it should be."

Akarium -- "Akarium faltered, still half doubting. He then closed his eyes as directed, and waited. He heard Avis' voice, and felt a curious sensation begin. A roar of sound began to ring in his mind, and he slipped into a memory. A thousand voices could be heard, the clashing of bodies slamming together, the sickly smell of death and flesh being torn. He could see nor feel nothing, his only sense was sound. Shivering, he abruptly pulled himself out of the terror, the sounds slowly dimming. Opening his eyes, he first glanced up, noting that the time of midnight and shadows had passed. Confused, he turned towards Avis. "What happened?"

Avis -- "avis faltered, having seen everything that akarium saw. "that was what could only be a flashback of your life. you have been through very much." she said, still unsure of all that had passed before her. "does any of it trigger recognition? do the events remind you of anyone? anything?" avis looked to the sky. fingers of pale yellow and purple stretched across the sky, signalling the early stages of dawn. she was surprised about how much time had passed."

Akarium -- "Akarium shook his head, still unsure. "I....I dont..remember..." He confessed. "It feels as if I should...but....it feels as if I'm trying to to catch water.." Shaking he head, he took a dee breath. Dawn had begun, and he was suddenly exhausted"
Back to top Go down
xglassraindrops

xglassraindrops

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Oct 2012 - 17:33

avis gave a thoughtful frown. "you, you kind of remind me of wyrnne." she said, pushing back the tragedy that surrounded her old friend. "he was a soul i'd found, just wandering around. like you he seemed not to know much about his life, although he was a normal being, nothing of magic or legends." avis shook her head, deciding to just drop the subject. the memories of wyrnne were painful, and she'd worked so hard to forget them. it didn't matter, because regardless of the odd state of their predicament, other than that wyrnne and akarium shared nothing in common.

avis took note that akarium appeared fatigued, exhausted by the night. she herself was used to running on little sleep, and figured now would be an opportune movement to leave, before she got too tangled up with the other horse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight   When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When The Darkness Ends By The Moonlight
Page 1 of 1