Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ridiculous Placings

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
viperidae

viperidae

Ridiculous Placings Empty
PostSubject: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 1:28

There was a stirring, and a surprised mumble of pain as a pale, skinny (albeit not badly so) gold champagne stallion walked face first into a curling, dark tree. His luminous silver eyes stared at the offending plant, as if it had done something to him.
"Trees." He mumbled. "Just a tree. Not a L-Lyde. A tree." He clumsily moved on. "Bloody trees need to look out for themselves." His nervous eyes scanned around him as he walked. Perhaps it was just natural, or perhaps it was the mention of Lydes that had him so jumpy. His constant monologue of words continued to spill out of him, as if he lacked the skill to be able to shut up.
"Ridiculous. Absolutely mad. There shouldn't be trees in your way, just sitting there. Waiting. To get ran into." He snorted. "Bet someone placed that tree. Right there. So I could run into it. It wasn't there before, was it? Insane. Just went dropping that tree there, saying Oh good, ol' Oxy will run into this one da- Aah!" He leapt back from where a soft sound vibrated in his ears, and they went straight up, searching for the source of the noise. His eyes fell upon a tree branch. Moving. In the wind.

He sighed and moved on. "See, see right there! They're all plotting against me." Adding bitterly to his endless stream of words, "Bloody wind even hates me."

/[I hope i'm doing this right. ^^;]
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 3:32

Maple had been grazing peacefully when she'd heard the screams and yells.
Shrugging it away she kept grazing. The second time she heard the voice she grew curious and lifted her head flicking her ears. "Where is that coming from?" She mumbled.

The little cremello trotted through the trees until she could pick out movement among the trees. She lifted her head higher wanting to catch a glimpse of the horse. At least, she hoped it was a horse.

She snorted softly, it was a horse, or so her nose told her.
Walking through the trees she came a few horse lengths away from the stallion and flicked her hair out her eyes.
"Greetings, are-are you lost?"
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 3:42

Oxymoron's wide, luminescent silver eyes stared at the other, smaller horse for a moment, before his brain really seemed to register her presence. He almost fell over in surprise. "How long have you been standing there? I didn't notice you before. Bloody trees. Can't see anything around here. But really! I-I mean you could.. cough or something next time you see someone standing there. You could've given me a heart attack, love." He skittered slightly nervously.

"And of course I'm not lost. Um. I know exactly.." He moved his head higher up, glancing around them, then lowered it again to the smaller cremello. "Actually.. y-yes. I am lost. Very, very lost." Hopelessness edged its way into his voice. "And the bloody trees are trying to kill me."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 3:53

The white mare stared at the new comer her blue eyes wide.
"Err...I-well-I-err..." Maple looked at the stallion through her forelock, "I've been here for-err-A few minutes. I was just making sure you were a horse...and alive.."

And of course I'm not lost. Um. I know exactly..

She knew exactly what he was going to say next, or what he should have said. Maple giggled.

Actually.. y-yes. I am lost. Very, very lost. And the bloody trees are trying to kill me!

Maple couldn't help herself, she giggled and giggled until her sides hurt. Taking a breath she looked up at the stallion,
"The trees wouldn't hurt you. They're probably telling you you're heading towards the Lyde boarder and you should stay away. You're in Region One. Now you are not lost."
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 4:02

There was silence as he stared blankly at her. Region one? Well this was new to him. Actually, everything except for Lydes was new to him. "It's not funny love. Seriously. They've been trying to murder me." He said, emphatically. "They've been sitting here. Right in front of me. They just appear! Like someone plants them there.. on purpose. Waiting for me.. to run into them. Although I guess your right they could've just been trying to help, but that's a cruel way to help." He glared at the tree next to him. "Like this one. Ran right smack bloody into it. I swear it wasn't there before."

"A-anyway. You were talking. About regions and um.. L-Lydes. Great creatures right. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. With the.. eating.. horses." He trailed off awkwardly into silence. After a moment he continued. "But um, I really have no idea where I am going. Could you.. maybe.. help me out here?"
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 4:17

Maple was giggling away, as the bigger stallion talked. He just kept rambling on and on. It was too funny.
By the end of his tree ramble Maple had tears in her eyes from laughing.
"You're funny." She said between giggles.

A-anyway. You were talking. About regions and um.. L-Lydes. Great creatures right. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. With the.. eating.. horses.

Maple stopped giggling immediately. "Lydes are not wonderful. They are awful creatures. And they eat you alive. Or so I've been told..."

But um, I really have no idea where I am going. Could you.. maybe.. help me out here?

Maple nodded, "Stop talking about Lydes like they're amazing and I'll show you around. We need to find a more open place in the light." She turned on her haunches and trotted off back into the forest her tail high. It floated out behind her like a banner and she flicked her head back calling over her shoulder, "Coming?"
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 4:39

"I didn't- um.. really mean they were wonderful." He followed after her, [much the way a lost puppy would follow it's master] clumsily tripping over things as he did so. "I mean that would be absolutely insane. Crazy. It'd make no sense since they um.. y-you know. Eat horses. And I am a horse I assure you. So that would um, mean me. And that wouldn't b-be good. At all. Just was um, being sarcastic. That's what everyone calls it, right?"
He jumped and skittered away from the sound of a weak branch falling off a tree nearby at the gentle blowing of the wind.
His ears twitched nervously, and he continued quickly after the other horse. "Er- I haven't introduced myself have I? I'm Oxy. Actually, that's n-not my full name. My full name is Oxymoron, but um.. you can just call me Oxy." He bobbed his head up and down in a attempt of a nod.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 4:56

There he went again, blabbering on and on. It was quiet funny to listen to. Maple had swizzled her ears back listening to him and muffling her laughter.

Er- I haven't introduced myself have I? I'm Oxy. Actually, that's n-not my full name. My full name is Oxymoron, but um.. you can just call me Oxy

"No you hadn't, Oxy is a nice name." She trotted into a clearing where sun shone through small gaps in the trees branches.
"I'm Maple. You can call me Maple..." She smiled up at him and stood in a little pool of warm light.

"Well welcome to Region One, it's the Shadow Territory, then there's Region Two, that's like a lake territory, it's safer than One. And then Three. That's where the royals live and the army I think." She flicked her tail slightly, "Then there's the lyde territory. Clearly it's where the Lydes live...Most of the time." She gulped. The thought of Lydes made her quiver in fear.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 5:07

"Oh.. yes. Lydes." There was the awkward silence again. "I've um, never seen a L-Lyde. Heard em' though. Once. Um, not them exactly. More like them killing something. Um. It was very gruesome sounding. Not very nice of them to- ah, do that, not too far off where I lived at the time. Absolutely terrible to wake up to hearing screaming.. and.. er. Yes, well."
He shuffled his hooves slightly. "I've- heard about the army. My mother used to tell me stories. Actually, she wanted me to go be brave and do something good an join them. Ridiculous. I don't fight. I'm not an-any good at it! I run into trees- or.. or well, trees run into me all the time that'd be terrible. Out fighting someone or a Lyde and then you go and run into a tree? Just bloody genius. I don't know why she even said that. It could have been sarcasm, actually. Y-yeah, it was probably sarcasm. Now that I'm thinking about it. Definitely sarcasm. Anyway I couldn't imagine fighting a Lyde in any fashion, even armies. Terrible things. Not wonderful by um, any means. Just disregard my earlier statement of their being wonderfui. They aren't. Most definitely are not wonderful-" He stopped. "Oh, um. Thanks for helping me, by the way. Honestly. I suppose I owe you for getting me out of that blasted area where all those trees were, love. They tried to kill me. Oh, I already told you that, didn't I?"
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 5:18

Maple smiled, "I've never been one to fight, it's not really something I could see myself doing. I'd trip over my tail most likely." She listened to him patiently soaking up the light while it was there. Wow he did have a lot to say.
"I never really knew my mother..." She looked down at her hooves scuffling them in the dirt slightly. "I don't mind helping, it makes me feel useful. Yes you did and I already told you trees aren't out to get you." She looked back up, expecting him to talk again. She didn't mind his ramblings.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 5:30

"I see, well!" He said slightly cheerfully. "Not that special to um, er- know your mother. I mean, um, she was nice and all. But fine. Just fine. Walking around. Lost. Running into trees without her around I suppose. I can still run into trees. Just, perfectly, fine." He grinned a bit.
"And at least you don't fall off c-cliffs, tripping over your tail I'm sure is just perfectly normal. Perfectly normal. Or, well, It's more like the cliff made me fall down it, you see. It was just sitting there. Waiting for me to run off it. Thankfully, it wasn't that high of a cliff. That's how I ended up in that bloody forest in the first place. Tripped over my own hooves because I was bloody trying to stop and it was right there in front of me. Insane. To have a cliff sitting there, waiting for someone to trip over it. Just insane. They should take better care of where they place these things, you know."

Suddenly his gaze turned down and he inspected the dirt around where he had been shuffling his hooves. On a small bit of grass, there was a rather minuscule bug, of unknown origins to him, about where he had been to place his hoof. "Oh! Look there. Like that, crazy things. Just sit around and want you to either fall off them, run into them and die, or they sit under you and wait for you to step on them and then they die. Cruel fate you know. Getting stepped on. And um, dying. Bad things to get done. I wouldn't want to get stepped on by some gigantic hoof."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 5:37

Maple was still listening happily to his ramblings. "Eww bug." She scrunched up her pink nose at the sight of the thing crawling by her hooves. She was tempted to squish it. But listening to Oxy she decided not to. She looked around, there were two little birds sitting on a branch watching them. "Ow look birds! Their feathers are so pretty." She looked back at Oxy smiling.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 5:45

Oxy raised his head back up and looked at where the birds sat, chirping on the trees.
"Oh! Yes um.. birds. Gorgeous. Great crea-" One of the birds seemed startled by his sudden monologue and took flight.
"Aah!" Immediately he skittered behind Maple, even though he was much taller than her and attempted to hide.
"They're evil." He whispered insistently to her. "Evil. They want to kill people I swear. Somewhere in their little avian heads, they want to kill everyone."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 5:52

Taken by surprise at his scream Maple froze and looked around, "What what? Is it a Lyde?!" She began looking around frantically. Then he hid...Behind her...

She relaxed slightly, he was frightened of birds...
Maple rolled her eyes slightly, "I'm not much of a barrier between danger..."
She tossed her head slightly and began to walk back into the trees. Such a silly horse. Still he was very funny.
She was almost certain Oxy would be following her.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 6:14

He trailed after her looking suspiciously at the bird that was left there.
"Look at them! And there.. cold.. avian eyes. And those.. sharp talons. Evil. Just like a Lyde, only smaller. And more.. chirpy."
He glanced around them, now curious as to where they were headed. "Where are we going? I mean if we're just walking that's fine. I just was curious. Um. Are we the only horses around here? It looks pretty empty. Er- not that I mind it being empty. It's just I was curious. I haven't actually seen anyone since you came along. Interesting really. Well, I have seen horses before, but way back when I was a lot younger." He nodded emphatically at his words.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 6:27

"Oh, well I was just going to get some water..." She looked behind her to the gold horse who followed her happily.
"And no were not the only horses, there are more. Just in different parts of the forest, it's quiet big you see."
She let him ramble on until she found a small pond. She stayed away from the edges until finding the shallowest side and had a drink. Finishing she looked down at her reflection. Oxymoron thought birds were evil, well to her the water was evil.
She glared at it, it gave life yet it could easily take it away. Shaking her head she looked back up at Oxy, "Will you be moving to Region Two?"
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 6:54

Oxymoron went happily over to the pool of water and simply splashed clumsily into it. It wasn't too deep for him, so he could remain standing up whilst in the pool. He drank his fill of the water, before answering Maple. He didn't seem to notice her discomfort around the pool.
"I don't know. I really don't. You said that region had more horses, right? Well. I don't um, have great.. experiences, with other horses. So um, you know. Just a thing. To think about before I decided to go there."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 7:47

Maple leaned back slightly not wanting to get splashed and gave Oxy an almost disapproving look.
"I don't know if I'll go there at all," She whispered before moving her glare from Oxy to the water again, "There's too much water there."

She took a few steps away from the waters edge and watched the ripples. She was quiet content, she hadn't been asked any questions about herself yet she was clearly wanted and useful. She sighed and closed her eyes slightly. Things were like they used to be before the accident before her curse. She would listen while the girl would talk. Of course it was different, instead of the girl it was Oxy, but it was still good.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 22:23

"Oh!" He just seemed to realize something. "You don't like water?" Clumsily, he got out of the small pool. Where he stood, there was now a large puddle of mud.
"I'm sorry. Didn't realize that... didn't realize that at all. Not bad though. You know. Not liking water. Probably about as reasonable as being afraid of birds, with those sharp little talons. And evil little minds." He tilted his head to one side to observe the pool more closely, then returned his cheerful focus on Maple. "Well don't worry! If you don't go, I won't go. So you won't be, you know, lonely. Unless you'd want me to go. But still, you understand my point."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 22:30

"Water...No don't like it. I almost drowned once," Maple opened her eyes and looked at him. "But birds won't kill you. They'll eat you after you're dead...Maybe." She flicked her ears around, the light was slowly fading into dusk. "And I don't mind what you do. Go where you want to go. But that's very kind of you," She smiled at him. "So tell me about yourself." Anything to get off the subject of water and drowning, Maple shuddered at the thought.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 22:48

"Oh, I don't trust that. Everyone says that. They want you to think that, then they sneak up on you when you least expect it and try to claw you to death." He paused, then continued. "And honestly, I really don't know what I can bloody tell you about me. I'm not good at fighting, I used to get rather humiliated quite a bit-and I still do!- I fell off that cliff and ended up here. Not a very exciting life let me tell you. But besides that, I'm not sure what else I can say." He stared thoughtfully for a moment at nothing, then shook his head and reverted back to his cheerful self. "Sorry, love."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 23:00

Maple hadn't really been listening, she was too busy thinking, in her own little world. It wasn't until he spoke directly to her that she snapped back to reality, "Huh? Oh that's okay. I'm sorry I completely zoned out. Wow it's getting dark quickly. Better decide what were gonna do, the Lydes will be out soon..." She trailed off at the end looking around trying to figure out where the best place to spend the night would be.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 23:16

Oxy looked around, still cheerful even at the mention of Lydes.
"Oh yes, it is isn't it. Well, perhaps a field? It is open, I know that, but at least they couldn't sneak up on us. Mad little devils. Shouldn't be able to bloody do that like they do. But you know, guess it works out fine for them." He glanced around. "Plus we'd have a chance if any showed up. You know. Just t-thinking. In case they did. They probably won't. Alternatively we could sit here, and wait until they showed up. And if they did, we would probably die. Just a thought. Um.."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 23:23

"Our best chance at a field would be a clearing and yes we probably would," Maple began to walk back into the forest the darkness slowly engulfing her small frame. "And you should be a bit quieter for a while." She whispered, not sure if Oxy could hear her or not. She gulped and mumbled in to the darkness words of nonsense to herself. She was so quiet she didn't even know she was making a noise. Perhaps they could go back to the clearing she usually spent her time in. It was open and spacious.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 23:33

"Right. A clearing." He nodded, lowering his voice slightly. "Great idea, love. Absolutely bloody genius."
He followed after her into the darkness of the surrounding woods. It took a few minutes, however, a faint light began to surround his body. Soft, and warm- a little like sunlight- and barely noticeable, but it was there. His silver eyes mimicked it. This was a different light though, more focused in front of him. It lit the path, and it could have been moonlight, if it wouldn't of been so very focused. If Oxymoron noticed this, he didn't say anything. He was too pre-occupied with forcing himself to be quiet. Honestly, it almost bloody was unbearable. How did anyone stay this quiet for any length of time? Insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous Placings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Lower Lakes Territory-
Jump to: