Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Branching Off

Go down 
+3
Patchwork-Hearts
ManhattanRouge
PrintedShadows
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Patchwork-Hearts

Branching Off - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 8:31

Damien shot up
"What's wrong?!" he said seriously
"Is it a lyde?" He said, with concern in his voice"
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 10:43

Avril woke up to the sound of Dutch's screams. He looked around the world in a blur. Then his eyes landed on one shady figure off in the distance. The smell in the air gave it away.
"Don't move." Avril kept his voice low. Although it did no good. The lyde already knew where the were.
"There is two that we can't see. Watch the tree line." He thought about calling for Ezazel, but he knew they were to far away to do any good. The more he thought about their predicament the worse off they seemed. Lydes were much faster in the woods. He let out a ragged breath, and the first lyde took a step out of the woods. He know knew what Ezazel meant by the fact that they would wait hours before attacking. Why had he lead them here. He knew they were too close to the lyde woods to do any good.
Back to top Go down
https://mystequinerpg.forumotion.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 11:01

Damien was quiet, he glanced at Avril who was now awake.
"Lydes?" Damien asked, his voice a whipser, barely audible.
Then he saw one.
Well, those are HIDEOUS He thought.
Maybe I could burst flames around us, so they couldnt get to us...unless they can get through fire, then we could have problems. Serious problems
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 11:27

The alpha of the stepped out of the woods without completely assessing the situation. From the different view, he realized that there were four horses and only three of his kind. It wouldn't matter, though. They would still triumph, if his hunting party didn't make any more mistakes, that is.

With a swish of his scaly tail, he motioned for the other lydes to go around and surround the small herd. This was just too easy. His eyes glinted maliciously, as he neared closer..

Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 11:38

The Lydes were moving closer and faster towards them.
Damien panicked "RUN!" he screamed. His scream echoed.
Then a blaze of flames appeared all around the forest, and duplicates of each horse.
"WEST, RUN WEST!"
he screamed, and ran, bucking every few steps, in case a lyde would try and sneak up from behind, he hopped with each step.
Please don't die, please don't die...If those horses die, then Im alone. And who knows what could happen. He thought.
Then he stumbled.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 12:07

As they were about to attack, a wall of fire blocked them. Yelling with rage in his head, the lyde retreated back to the woods, hurrying to the west as the panicked stallion had screamed. The alpha communicated silently to his hunters, alerting them to the fresh plan; they would get ahead of the frightened horses in the forest and prepare another not-so-surprise ambush the same night.

The foolish, young raptor/horse that had broken the stick was now galloping in the direction his alpha had directed. He was pretty ticked off about his constant bossing around. In an act of rebellion, it decided to go against the alpha's orders; he saw a stallion trip and fall and the lyde leapt upon it, aiming for the neck!

Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 12:10

Damien turned his head over, to see a Lyde jumping onto him.
He pointed his horn in the direction of the lydes stomach, hoping to stab it, and throw it onto the ground.
For that moment, the time passed by in slow motion.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 13:05

Nayteri ran for her life. Images of her life as a filly flashed before her eyes. Then she saw her mother being killed, and her father screaming in rage. Pictures of blood, guts, and her dead parents filled her mind. "No no NO!!!!" she screamed. Then Nayteri swirled into a huge ball of pure rage. Her ears were pinned back, her eyes flashed, and any lyde that got in her way would be dead. Nayteri had a special ability to go into a killing mode when she was extremely aggravated or angry. She was pure danger in this mode. At 17 hh, she could do a lot of damage with her flashing hooves and her Dosviri blood. Dosviris were a very strong breed, and when they have to, they unleash all of it. In her mind, all thought left her. Except for the lydes. She zeroed in on her target, and charged.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 13:10

Damien felt something smack him, It was the Lyde.
A sharp sensation of pain ran through him, and his entire life flashed before his eyes.
He got up quickly, slammed his huge body down on the Lyde, and created fire all around himself, and the Lyde.
Someone help me please, I cant hold it off... He thought, the words fading from his mind, and out his mouth "SOMEONE, HELP! I CANT HOLD IT OFF!" He screamed.
He saw blood running down his neck, and onto his legs.
Shoot. he thought It bit me.
suddenly, all the fire dyed down... his powers were getting weaker and weaker by the moment.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 19:28

Dutchess screamed as the Lyde jumped out of the woods and she ran. She ran as fast as she could. Remember, Damien said to run west, so do it! and she did. She was at a full speed gallop when she heard Damien screaming for help. She skidded to a stop and spun around to see him covered in blood, and the lyde attacking him. "DAMIEN" she yelled, not caring about the lydes attacking her anymore. Damien was her friend and she wasn't going to let anyone hurt him. She sprinted straight towards him, her ears pinned against her head. This was the most angry she had ever been. The closer she got to Damien, the angrier she got. When she reached him, she reared up, land on the lyde. She kicked and kicked and kicked the lyde. "DAMIEN, RUN!" she yelled to him, still attacking the lyde. She wasn't going down without a fight. She knew that she was going to get seriously hurt very soon if she didn't do something but she couldn't back down now. She didn't know who would help her. Then she remembered, when she was running, she saw Nayteri was furious. "NAYTERI! NAYTERI!" she yelled out to the mare, hoping that she would come and help her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 19:46

Damien gasped for breath and saw a blurry image of a horse running up towards him and then the horse reared..She had a bright pink mane, It was Dutchess, what was is doing?! She could get herself killed! He thought.
She had told him to run, but instead he stood up slowly, and tall..He had used his powers to make himself look like a huge beast, in a desperate attempt to scare the lyde away, he had let out a neigh that sounded more like a beasts roar. Dutchess, don't get scared of me... he thought.
Hoping his plan would work, he gathered up all his strength and ran at the Lyde, swept it off its feet, clutched strongly in his mouth, until he saw blood everywhere, both his and the Lydes. then he threw the Lyde down onto the ground with a hard thud, and said raspily "Come near us again and I'll go out there and kill each and everyone of you, Painfully and slowly"
The voice that once was his, didn't sound like it belonged to him anymore. He glanced around, watching the chaos go down.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 19:54

She watched him get up. He looked so different and frightening but she wasn't going to let that stop her. She knew it was him. She wasn't scared anymore, she just attacked a lyde. She listened to what Damien said to the lyde. No you won't do that she thought to herself. You'd get yourself killed and she wasn't going to let him do that. Shw asn't sure if the lyde was dead or not. She turned around to see if there were any others near by but couldn't see any. They must be chasing the others. "THE OTHERS" she yelled, looking at Damien. She hoped that the other two lydes hadn't got to them. Her look was frantic as she decided what she was going to do.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 20:14

Avril didn't run. He knew the lydes would be two steps ahead of them. So he stood there. Hidden in the flames. Then he heard a hiss. He froze. Two steps ahead of them. Then he took a step back, and his head whipped around at the sound of a scream. Then, he ran. He knew it was crazy, but he ran. His feet almost flew across the ground, his hooves digging into the damp ground with every pounding step. He was running uphill, heading for the tree. You could see the tops of it out in the open. His direction wasn't west, it was north. He ran right past the huge beast without even noticing. Then, he felt sharp claws against his back. Instantly his head crashed to the ground, the ground was almost instantly there to meet him. He snapped his head up, laying on his back, he tried desperately to throw himself up and to his feet. It was no good, the lyde was on top of him. With a final effort of survival he kicked the lyde off of him. But it only managed to get right back on him, Avril was too badly hurt to run. He screamed at each movement, each new scar. Then, the thing looked up, and darted off. He didn't see it leave. He only laided back down. The grass turned a dark sticky purple in the moonlight.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 20:25

Dutchess heard Avril scream and knew a lyde must have got to him. "AVRIL, AVRIL, Where are you?" She yelled. She ran in the direction of the screams, keeping a look out for any lydes that are still around! She could feel something hot trickling down her face and she knew that the lyde must have cut her face. It tasted sickly but she carried on. She slowed down when she saw the lifeless figure on the ground. Not sure if it was a lyde of Avril, she approached carefully. She looked down to see Avril laying there. The lyde had obviously got him good. He has large cuts on his back! "Avril, can you hear me?" she said, getting down on her knees so that her face was closer to his ears. She looked around to make sure that there were no Lydes around. She didn't know what to do, she was no doctor and he was losing blood, fast. She needed to get some help. 'SOMEONE HELP US!" she yelled out, hoping that someone would come to Avril's aid.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 20:52

(Hope no one minds me jumping in.)

Maple had been wandering aimlessly around the forest. It was pretty empty. Besides from whatever it was making those awful smells! She wrinkled her little pink nose in disgust. A tingle ran down her spine and she looked up suddenly forgetting the smell. Voices filled her ears, screams. They were faint but something was wrong. Quickly she trotted forward only to be blinded by a sudden flash of light in the distance. She stood in shock then gathered herself up and pressed on.
"Oh please let there be horses! Please let them be alive.." The mare listened intently to what was being screamed.
Run west, and so she did.

More screaming filled the little cremellos ears. Darting through the trees she spotted something she'd never seen before. Pink hair. But alas it was a horse. Was she calling for help? She galloped forward, then stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of another horse lying at the pink maned ones hooves. It was bleeding and badly. "You need to stop the bleeding! Moss or something will do." She came cantering toward the horses then halted wondering if it had been the best idea to come galloping out of know where.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 21:05

Damien gasped for air, out of breath, he was covered in his own blood. He had a giant gash covering half his neck. Then he heard Avril scream.
He tried with countless attempts to stand, but he just fell back, splattering more blood everywhere. He felt dizzy and faint, "Someone Help me!" He screamed, loud as he could.
Today may very well be the day I die. He thought, and closed his eyes, as If he were to accept his death, yet a part of him was saying Save me please, I have only lived so many years of my life, I need this Life.
Bloody Tears streamed down his cheekbones and onto the bloody grass, his glow, fading to a mere nightlight-type now. Trying one more time, hopelessly he screamed, to him It sounded deafening, but to others, It may have just been a mere whisper
"Help me...Im dying" He said, his voice breaking.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 21:21

The site of the other mare was such a relief. " Can you please get so......" she couldn't finish her sentence, the air was filled with the screams of Damien crying for help. Help me... I'm dying she ran his words through her mind and before she knew it, she was screaming. Not because of a lyde, because she didn't know what to do anymore. Calm yourself... NOW she thought to herself. You have another mare here now that can help you. "Listen, do you think that you can stay and look after Avril? Find some moss or something to stop the bleeding, I am going to go help Damien." And before the other horse could answer she gave her a quick nod and galloped off. She was so confused, she found it so hard to see everyone suffer like this. It seemed like an eternity before she reach Damien. The site of him made her upset. His body was covered in gashes. "Damien, it's okay, I'm here now" she said to him quietly. That's when she noticed the horrible cut on his neck. "Oh my god" was all she could say. "It's okay, it's okay. Listen Damien, I need to get something to stop the bleeding, will you okay here for 1 minute?" she said frantically. He was losing so much blood. His glow had diminished almost completely, it was just a little light. She knew this was trouble. She galloped off to the edge of the forest, scouring it for moss. There was a rock, it had a bare amount of moss on it, but it would have to do. She scraped it off the rock and galloped back to Damien. She immediately put it on his neck wound. "There" she said. "Hopefully, that will stop the bleeding enough for you to move a bit closer to Avril." She wanted to leave and see how the other mare was going with Avril but she didn't want to leave her friend, not in this state anyway.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 21:33

Maple listened to every word the pink haired mare said. There were more horses in trouble? Maple stood there nodding and then watched as the other mare vanished. She'd said this wounded horse lying on the ground was Avril. "Avril..." She looked down. "Don't move! I'll be back as fast as I can." Like he could move. Those wounds were very deep. She galloped off back into the trees. Going to the base of a tree she put her muzzle to the ground and felt around in the dark. There it was the moss texture she was looking for. Carefully peeling it off the tree base she carried it back to Avril and placed it on his large wounds. Applying pressure ever so gently with her head she watched him carefully. "You'll be okay Avril," she wasn't sure he could hear her. "You'll be okay..." She hoped.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 21:58

Damien saw a pink blur running around, and It came back to him.
"Who...who is this?" He asked.
He could barely see anything, it was a mix of green and pink and black.
he felt a cooling sensation on his neck, but the rest of his body felt burning.
Whats going on, where am I.. he thought.
"Am I alive?" he asked to the pink blob, It was a foolish question but all he could think was Am I alive, am I dead? whats happening. the questions raced through his mind, and he closed his eyes. Dont die, your still alive, stay alive, dont die, he kept telling himself, in an attempt to calm down.
He let out a little squeak of pain, now he couldn't feel anything in his body, he went numb.
Suddenly the pink blob made a recognizable shape, a horse, Dutchess!
"Is that you Dutchess" Damien asked.
The fight with the Lyde played back in his head, over and over, suddenly his heart started pounding faster and faster, he was jostling around, neighing, blood spilling everywhere. "NO!" he screamed, visioning the Lyde throwing itself onto his neck again, he flipped over frantically kicking. "A LYDE, A LYDE!" was all he could scream, he couldn't see one, but they appeared in his mind everywhere, trying to kill him, Avril, and Dutchess.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:04

The lyde alpha and his hunting companion were waiting, still. The frantic horses should have already been here by now! He was growing impatient, something lydes should never do.. The alpha around for the third member of their party and couldn't spot him. Putting two and two together, he let out a haunting shriek of rage that echoed through the forest. The two took off, intent on destroying the childish lyde that had abandoned the plan and on annihilating their prey.

Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:04

Damien, It's Dutchess, You're going to be okay, I promise." She said. Suddenly Damien started rolling around and kicking. Blood was pouring everywhere. He was screaming Lyde. She looked around but there were none. "DAMIEN! DAMIEN! STOP" she yelled at him. "There are no lydes, they're gone, your safe now. You just need to stay still." She talked to him hoping that he would calm down. "Please stop Damien, it's going to make your neck worse." At least now he had some energy. Maybe she could get him to move closer to Avril. "Calm down" she said. "There is no one there."
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:13

Damien felt dizzy again.
"whats happening, did they get you?! is Avril okay? Im not dead am I?" he asked frantically.
Damien wished more than anything, his mother was here, with him, telling him it would be okay again, But now Dutchess was, it felt the same, he glanced up at her "Can you tell me a story?" he asked her, feeling foolish, but it was what his mother did for him when he fell and got hurt.
Damien rolled onto his side and didnt move.
"Im still alive" he said quietly, hoping Dutchess wouldnt get startled.
He closed his eyes, waiting for Dutchess to tell a story.
"wheres Avril?" he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:23

There were some many questions. She was going to answer them all though.
"I'm fine, the lydes didn't get me badly, just a few little cuts. Avril on the other hand is not so good. He is very hurt, but there is a new mare looking after her." Dutchess didn't even know her name. I guess it didn't matter right now. "And no, you're not dead, it's ok." For the next 10 or so minutes she just sat there next to Damien, telling him a story, then she stood up. "Avril is over that way somewhere" she said turning her head. I don't think he will be able to walk, but I need to ask him anyway she thought. "Listen to me Damien, Avril is really hurt and I need to get over there, but I am not going to leave you here alone. Do you think you can walk to Avril?" she asked, hoping the answer would be yes. She changed the moss on his neck. The other stuff was drenched but it had slowed down the amount of blood coming out of his wound.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:27

"I can try" he said, gathering all his strength, halfway standing, he sat down like a puppy dog.
He tried to stand higher, but only fell. "I'll keep trying" he said
Almost to a stand, he felt dizzy but got up. I think Im going to fall back down again, so we'd beter hurry to Avril he thought.
"Where's Avril?" Damien said, with panic and confusion in his voice
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:32

She was actually amazing that he could get up. She could tell he was dizzy and was going to fall again very soon. She stood right next to him. "Fall on me if you have to" she told him. "We are going to go west, just for a little bit, do you think that you can handle it?" she asked him, extremely concerned about his condition. She slowly started walking, making sure that Damien was always right beside her.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:34

(hey. Jassy. I didn't really allow people to rp as the lydes.. .yet.)

The screams traveled far up the hill. Makivis turned to face Ezazel. Mirage had her head low to the ground, but raised it up and looked at the three. Makivis said nothing and walked down the hill. But Ezazel didn't follow. Makivis stopped and turned around.
"You know their dead." Ezazel had a look in his eyes, the yellow coloring shinning brightly in the moonlight.
"You know who that was. Your alpha! You can't just stand there and not do a damn thing!" Makivis was furious. How could he just stand there. In the back of his mind, he knew what he said was true. Makivis turned and ran down the hill. Following the smell of blood. He saw two groups of horses, each with one standing, and one laying. He walked to Avril first.
"Makivis. Get them out of here, they're not gone" Avril spoke slow. Makivis understood. The lydes were far from gone. They were like buzzards. Waiting for the prey to stop fighting. They couldn't care less about the other horses. Makivis looked closer at his wounds. They were deep.
"Go. Take care of the other one. And run if you hear anything." Makivis looked at the white mare standing over Avril.
"What the hell should I do with you?" Makivis smiled at Avril. Avril laid his head back down, but he didn't close his eyes. He knew he didn't want to die tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Branching Off
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Lower Lakes Territory-
Jump to: