Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ridiculous Placings

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
viperidae

Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 23:33

"Right. A clearing." He nodded, lowering his voice slightly. "Great idea, love. Absolutely bloody genius."
He followed after her into the darkness of the surrounding woods. It took a few minutes, however, a faint light began to surround his body. Soft, and warm- a little like sunlight- and barely noticeable, but it was there. His silver eyes mimicked it. This was a different light though, more focused in front of him. It lit the path, and it could have been moonlight, if it wouldn't of been so very focused. If Oxymoron noticed this, he didn't say anything. He was too pre-occupied with forcing himself to be quiet. Honestly, it almost bloody was unbearable. How did anyone stay this quiet for any length of time? Insane.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 23:44

Oxys glow made Maple stop and turn around in alarm, her eyes were wide but she didn't say a word.
It was useful but she didn't think it would help with the lyde problem. It must be killing him to be quiet, Maple smiled wanting to giggle, she was naturally quiet but Oxymoron hadn't stopped talking since they'd met. I wonder if he talks in his sleep. The thought made her bite her tongue so she didn't laugh aloud.

After a while plundering through the darkness the trees began to thin out and the clearing came into view. She stood back for a minute giving Oxy the chance to pass her if he wished. Looking around she yawned slightly. She'd had quiet a big day for a horse that spends half their time alone and not talking.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:12

Instead of passing her, he nearly ran into her.
"Oh, sorry. Didn't see you there. Actually, you know, I should have seen you, since I'm taller than you. That's odd. Maybe something's wrong with my eyes. Or one eye. Maybe one eye is wrong and the other ones fine. You know it's a little too late to ask this," he said this all in a rushed whisper "But can I, um, t-talk now? You know, actually I'll- Nevermind." He was quiet for a moment. then frowned and continued. "You know you look tired, why don't you sleep and I'll watch for Lydes, love?"
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:20

"Nah it's alright, I'm not that tired," she cut herself off with another yawn, "Fine stay watch, but just don't talk to yourself okay?" Maple moved over to the other side of the clearing and carefully laid down in some long grass that almost made her disappear. "Goodnight," She said softly before resting her head and falling asleep quite quickly.

Dreams were comfort from her world of darkness and regret. If one was bad she could simply open her eyes and it wold be over. Wishing she could do that in life she fell into a dream.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:38

Oxy blinked. "Alright, love. No talking to myself. Ah- promise." He nodded, then noticed she was already asleep. "Or.. well maybe I am talking to myself then." He mumbled and tried (as best he could) to quietly follow Maple and go nearby to a little lump of grass and dirt that the Earth had formed into a hill. He stood there and watched over the small clearing, his wide, anxious eyes flicking back and forth around the area. Lydes. He was making sure there weren't any Lydes. Right. So he was doing guard duty for Maple. It was the least he could do, really and honestly, since she'd helped him out of that bloody forest. Stupid trees. He sighed, and risked a glance up at the sky. Oh, it was pretty tonight wasn't it? There were lots of stars in the sky. He liked looking at stars- But no. Guarding Maple from Lydes. Yes, that was what he was doing. Guards do their job and do not stare at stars like morons-and he was not one- so he focused back on the surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:48

The sound of rushing water filled Maples ears. A river raged beside her and a hand appeared, then an arm and soon a head bobbing up and down in the water. Screams filled the air and Maple panicked. Racing along the bank neighing she tripped and tumbled into the cold water. It soaked her coat as she thrashed wildly. Suddenly it was over and she was alone once more in the land of dreams. She plundered around in her world of darkness hoping to find a light. Then suddenly like that there it was. Only for a minute. It almost blinded her, so intense, so bright. Then it was gone.

Maple opened her eyes, she was breathing heavily. She was no longer soaked in water, there were no screams, she was back in the clearing with Oxy.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:07

Oxy did not seem to notice anything different about Maple, he was too busy 'guarding' her. How did anyone stay this quiet? Well, at least he could think. That was good. But what about people who didn't think? No, those people would be dea-
His ears swiveled in the direction of a sound. What was.. Ah. An owl. Nothing bad. Right.
He turned his head to gaze at the gigantic owl sitting on the limb not too far away, staring at him with it's large orange eyes. That was disturbing.. Birds. Birds and their stupid Bird eyes. And that strange head that moved in every direction.
He moved a tad bit away from the nocturnal bird of prey and glanced at it every now and then suspiciously.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:13

Maple lay on her little bed of grass looking up at the sky, she couldn't sleep anymore. She knew that the dream would be waiting for her. She glanced at Oxy who was eyeing off an owl. She stood up quietly and walked up behind him, "Do you want some sleep?" She turned her head up to the sky, the stars shone brightly illuminating the night sky.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:30

Oxy startled and almost fell off the cliff. "Aah!- Oh, god, How long have you been there?" He relaxed, a little. "Just cough. Or something. I swear you're going to give me a heart attack someday."
He nodded to back-up what he'd just said. "No, no it's alright. I'm perfectly fine. Dandy. If I do say so myself, and there hasn't been one Lyde around. Not a single one. Zip, zero. U-um, of course that doesn't mean there is none. You know. Sneaky little devils they are. But there haven't been any. Just as a comfort.." He shuffled a little, and looked around suspiciously. "There's a owl, though. So that's interesting. Might be one of them you know. Never know about birds."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:37

"Here let me try again, shall I?" She made a small cough noise, "Hi Oxy I'm awake, I had a bad dream and I wanted to know if you needed some sleep."

"There is that better?" She looked at him with sleepy eyes. Then to the owl, then to the stars. She sighed, this was going to be a long night.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:43

He blinked at her for a moment before grinning and laughing a little. "I didn't mean for you to do that now, but you know, you're kind of funny, love. Anyway," he became a little more serious. "You know you don't have to but I've heard talking about bad dreams helps! I know, it sounds bloody ridiculous doesn't it. But it supposedly works, so you know, if you want to test that theory out you can go ahead and try." He went silent for a moment, then continued. "Although you know we are talking, I just noticed that. But I'm not talking to myself, so I guess that's alright, right love?" He winced as the owl hooted quietly on it's branch. "Yes, I hear you. You bloody creature of doom. You can shut up now, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:52

"I dunno, talking about myself isn't something I like doing..." She scuffled her hoof in the dirt.
"And yeah you can talk now, just not so loudly." She looked up at the owl, thinking through.

After a while of being silent she began, "Well the dream is of me. And there's a river and I fall into it, then it goes all black then there's a blinding light. Then it's over in a second." She hadn't told him everything she should have but she thought she'd save him the sob story.

She took a few steps forward so she was standing beside him, hoping he didn't mind her there. "Err...yeah...That's my dream. I usually wake up then."
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 2:04

"Oh that's terrible, love." He said pityingly, "So that's why you don't like water, hmm? Well don't worry ol' Oxy'll make sure you don't drown or.. something." There was a pause as he contemplated his words. "I won't ask you questions then, love, unless you want me to. But you know, there's no reason for you not to want to. I mean look at yourself! A graceful lady like you." He grinned cheerfully down at her. "Not like Oxy here! Running over and tripping and making things want to kill you. The trees like you, lady. Even the birds like you. Evil little things they are. So really, nothing to bloody be ashamed of!"
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 2:17

Maple blushed at his complement. She gave him a small smile. "Thank you.."

So really, nothing to bloody be ashamed of

Maple shook her head, "No there is. I'm a failure. I could hardly save myself let alone her life. I couldn't do the one thing I was supposed to do." She fought back tears. "I'm such a failure, even my mother left me. My own mother." Her eyes stung with tears. "So yes there is something to be ashamed of." She turned away from him and moved away needing space. "I don't know why you even bother talking to me. I'm such a failure." That was it. Most of her history had come tumbling out in a mix of sobs and shaky words.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 2:46

Oxy blinked at the words that spilled out of her mouth. There was momentary silence. "I don't know who you're speaking of, love, but it's not your fault when people die." He looked at her with wide, anxious eyes.
They were, albeit, honest, though. "You should know that. Besides you helped me! I- Look, you aren't a failure." He sighed. "I'm not good with words. Come on, cheer up love. And the whole um, crying thing. Not good with that, um, yeah."
He paused. Wavering unsurely, he didn't know what to do in this situation. He'd never had to comfort anyone before, let alone someone who was bloody crying! What did one do in these situations?

"I'm.. sorry. I'm not good at this whole comforting thing.." He shuffled nervously. "It's- just- um.. well. Look, I don't know what happened in your past, but it's not your fault someone died. It's never someones fault it- just happens. Right? And I know it didn't bloody happen because of you, love. I just do."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 2:59

Maple gave a little sob, "It was, she just fell into the river and I couldn't get her out in time. Then-then the other punished me, and I don't know why! I tried my hardest and-and," She sniffed and looked at Oxy, "I'm so sorry I told myself I-i would never do this. You don't even know me, not really anyway.." She moved back up beside him trying to muffle her small sobs. "I-i, don't know what came over me, I'm so sorry. You don't want to hear my life story." She gazed up at him with sorrowful eyes.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 3:15

Oxy frowned a little. "No-no love, you don't understand my intentions. I didn't really mean for you to be crying more or- I'm just bad at comforting and- I just want to help." He looked at her with wide silver eyes. They were kind and a little concerned. "But you don't u-understand. You said sh-she fell into a river. I don't know who she is, but see? She fell into the river. You didn't make her, and you just said you couldn't get there in time- it's not your fault you couldn't get there fast enough. And no, I don't, I mean I did just meet you. But you're nice and you don't judge me and you don't mind my speaking so much. Come now, love, cheer up." He nudged her a little in a friendly attempt at hopefully being comforting.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 3:26

"She was my friend, she was a witch. She was training with the other witch, the one who cursed me..." Maple rubbed her tears on her leg. "I was there. I was there the whole time. I watched her fall. Then I fell in. The water I mean. And she drowned. Then I got back to the cottage and-and well, then the other witched cursed me," She sniffled slightly but she had stopped crying. "Thank you Oxy, you're-you're very kind," She whispered hanging her head so her mane fell over her eyes and covered her face.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 3:39

Oxy, for Maples sake, decided not to freak out over the fact one of Maples friends was a witch.
"Oh- um, your welcome love. Not a problem at all, honestly. Although I don't think I did much. You know, um, didn't actually know what I was doing. Just stood there hoping I was saying something right. Guess I did, I mean since you thanked me. I guess you could have just thanked me to- I'm rambling, aren't I? I'll just.. s-shut up now. Yes, that sounds wonderful. Shutting up. Now.." He grimaced slightly and shut up.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 3:45

Maple smiled under her mass of hair and peered up at him with her blue eyes, "No it's okay, you can keep talking. I don't mind I like it." Slowly she lay down at his hooves, her mane still covering her face, she looked up at him. "Please keep talking." She rested her head on her mane and shut her eyes. Perhaps, just perhaps she could get some sleep before dawn.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 6:49

Oxy grinned at her. "Okay then! I can talk. I'm good at talking. You know you're the first one who actually wants me to talk? Kind of funny, really. I-I mean if you think about it. I guess.. Oh look, that creepy owl is still there. Just sitting there. Staring at us. It's really, really strange..." He continued to talk, mostly about nothing, the whole time his attention set on that one bird. His ramblings went as far between as the clouds and the earth, one moment he could be talking about how evil Avian's were, and how that star looked rather blue, or that star looked kind of orange if you looked at it just the right way. He didn't notice when Maple fell asleep, until he asked her a direct question and was greeted by silence. He peered down at his friend to notice she had fallen asleep. "Oh! You're- asleep. Right, I should be quiet then. Wouldn't want to wake you up, you know."
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 7:58

Maples eyes slowly blinked open in the mornings bright light, they were sore from the tears of last nights sob session. She looked up to see that Oxy was no longer standing over her. Then she heard a short scream. The gold horse was frantically trying to 'escape' a small flock of birds who had been in the long grass where he'd clearly been trying to graze.

(OOC: Don't worry people Viper gave me permission to say that!)

She smiled slightly and quietly got up and slipped out of the clearing. She was quiet thirsty and decided to quickly visit the little pool again. Reaching the pool she stood as far back as she could and had drank her fill in small sips studying her reflection. She smiled to herself in the pool but she could have sworn the reflection didn't smile back.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 8:11

When the flock of birds had left him alone, Oxy came back to where Maple had been, out of breath with his sides heaving.
"Oh, God, that was bloody insane. I knew Birds were evil all-" He noticed Maple was not there and went back to freaking out. "Aah! Where did you go? Did you get eaten by Lydes? That would not be amazing if you got eaten by Lydes!" Frantically he began searching for his smaller friend and companion.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 8:20

Maple had finished drinking and had slowly started to walk back sniffing at a few wild flowers as she went. For someone so troubled she liked small simple things, like the flowers. They were so pretty with all their colors and dainty petals. There was a small batch of flowers that smelt especially good and she couldn't resist rolling in them. She was taking her timing going back. As she drew closer Oxys frantic yells caught her attention and she trotted back to him, coming from behind as usual.
"Oxy!? What-Oh Yes of course..." She coughed like he had told her to. "What happened, what are you doing?" She looked up at him from under her hair.
Back to top Go down
viperidae

viperidae

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 8:37

"There you are!" Oxy stared at her with his wide eyes as if he was making sure she was actually there. "I thought the Lydes had eaten you! Or those birds had a flock that came up and grabbed you and took you away to their evil lairs- Lair. That's funny," he laughed quietly, "Laiiir-" He returned back to being serious. "Anyway, you nearly scared me to death! Although, it wasn't your fault. It was those bloody birds." He peered down at her. "The important thing is your safe, though, right? That's always a good thing!"
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 8:50

Maple stared at him wide eyed, "I-I'm sorry, I'm so used to doing things on my own, I guess..."
Wow, he got quite shook up by that.
"I was just getting a drink, and you were, well preoccupied," She gave him a friendly nudge, "I'm fine though, what about you?" She smiled up at him happily. A small strand of hair whisked by her eye, a small piece of debris from when she'd rolled was stuck in the thick mass of pale creamy hair. Quiet frustrated by this she shook her head and tried to rub it off only to fail. In the end she blew the hair from her face so she didn't have to pay attention to it. "Err yes...And I rolled in some flowers..which you didn't need to know but that explains the err-stuff...Because that isn't very lady like of me..." She giggled quietly and looked back up at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous Placings   Ridiculous Placings - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous Placings
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Lower Lakes Territory-
Jump to: