Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Smell of Sweet Summer Air

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PrintedShadows
Admin

The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:14

(love the new avi, btw)

"Why wouldn't you want to show yourself with the herd? I mean, it's not like your really any different from them." She didn't look at him, her eyes were scanning the ground looking for a blue flower.
"3 years. That's a long time." Mirage remember how they had gotten here. Having to blend in on a ship wasn't too hard for her, but for Makivis and Ezazel, that was an entirely different story. Makivis put mud on his stripes, and cut his mane and tail some, Ezazel took tar and painted his hair with it, removing his flames and snow white hair. He had to keep his eyes closed, because of the their yellow bands.
Back to top Go down
https://mystequinerpg.forumotion.com
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:21

(Thank you ^-^)

"I think I was asleep for most of it. Maybe Saphyra hunters shot me with a sleeping dart, then put me on a ship and dumped me here in attempt to spread the breed to this country. And I couldnt go back since she told everyone that I tried to hurt her, and even my parents believed her. I was basically exiled." Desperado says, seeing the flower. He reaches down and grabs it, then looks at Mirage. "We can go back, or look for more so that we dont have to make this journey every day"
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 19:08

"She sounds nice." Mirage laughed a little as she said it. But she liked the coversation, and she didn't like leaving the tree on a usual basis.
"Let's keep looking." And finally the mist wasn't as thick, and then she saw a little blue dot, and ran over to it. She reached over, and grabbed it, then looked back and Desperado.
"Is this one of them?"
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 19:16

Desperado looks at Mirage. He nods. "Yes, that's one. Now we just need one more and were set..." He whinnies, then scans the ground. He saw one, in the shadows. The stallion huffs, then trots in and grabs it. He had two, Mirage had one. "Let's head back" He says, turning back towards the safety of the tree. Or as safe as being in Myst could get.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 20:16

The fog made it really hard to tell where they were going. Mirage knew this area well, but she was even slightly lost. She stopped. Looking back at Desperado, who know had two flowers.
"Which way?" She thought they should go east, but she couldn't remember.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 20:22

Desperado looks down at the ground. Their hoof-prints were still there, slightly. He looks back at Mirage. "This way" He says, walking cautiously in the direction they had come from. Every now and then, the Saphyra looked back to make sure she was still there.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 20:29

Mirage turned around and followed Desperado. She didn't think they were going the right way, but she saw the tracks too. Just she only counted one set of tracks, but she tread lightly anyway, maybe hers just disappeared. She could hear all of the sounds of the forest, the birds waking up, the frog's chorus slowly fading away.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 21:01

After what felt like an hour of walking, Desperado sees the tall oak tree that marked the hill. He turns towards it, treading up and dropping the flowers.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 22:45

Mirage wasn't so quick, and picks up the dropped flowers. Then she started trotting up the hill after him. The skies weren't morning anymore, and the sun was starting to peak through the trees. As Mirage reached the tree she dropped one flower at Makvis's feet, and another at Ezazel's. She didn't have to say anything to show how pissed she was at them. They didn't have to go out into the woods. There was no reason. Makivis and Ezazel both knew it was dusk, and that they should have waited till morning.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 22:49

Desperado didnt look at any of them. He found himself mad at Makivis and Ezazel too, but didnt know why. He lays down, his hooves sore from that journey that took the whole day.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 23:47

Lestat walked over to Mirage. He didn't want to bother either one of them with the attack on region one.
"They hit again. Got two, a mare and foal." He looked up at her. She was really the second in command but she never acted like it. Makivis kind of did that for her. Mirage felt a wave of sadness, thinking of the foal that watched the thing come at it, only to die a second or two later.
"What are we gonna do about it?" Lestat needed answers. Something to go tell the herds. Some were mad that they hadn't done anything to protect it. Some where scared, and in shock.
"I'm going down there. I'll talk to them." Mirage had to think for a minute. She didn't want to go that far out. It was a day walk down there. And a day back. Ezazel nor Makivis was in no shape to travel. And Desperado needed to stay there with them. They were both pretty helpless in their current state.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 23:52

Desperado looks up at all of them. "Who are you?" He bluntly asks the horse talking to Mirage. He didnt mean to be rude, he was just curious. The stallion huffs, feeling left out of things. It seemed all he ever did was take care of everyone not just in Myst, but back at Blue Moon and in Italy. He decided to quit being so quiet and stand up for himself. But against what? These horses werent going to hurt him, so he really didnt have any good excuse to be as bitchy as he was being.

(He really isnt being that bad, he is just going to have a SLIGHT adittude from now on so he isnt such a girl.)

Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 0:23

Lestat turned to face the new horse.
"Lestat." He said almost as bluntly as the stallion had asked it. Then he turned his full attention back to Mirage.
"You can't spend the night down there alone." His voice was soft, a whisper.
"You can come with me. You know it's what needs to be done." Mirage then walked over to Ezazel.
"I'll be back tomorrow. Promise." And she kissed his neck, working to find a place that wouldn't hurt, and started to walk off. Then Ezazel turned his head.
"Tell me your not going alone." His voice was hoarse, and scratchy.
"Lestat is coming with me." Mirage turned again and kept walking. She didn't want him to know where she was going. He would worry to much. Then she started running, Lestat matching her step for step.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 0:27

Desperado lifts his head, watching Mirage and the new horse leave. He didnt like him, not one bit. Too snappy. Or in his opinion at least. He huffs, standing up. "I'm going on a walk." He announces, then walks down the hill. He was most likely insane, since it was night time, and a Lyde could be anywhere.

Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 0:37

*dude. Copy the codes now. I fixed the new post. Just edit that post and copy that coding.

"What are you going to say to them?" Lestat lowered his head to take a drink out of the small lake they had stopped by. They had been running all day, Mirage didn't think the territory was that big. She could see the outlaying woods. The woods that no one entered. The trees looked like little dots from that far away. Another hour and they would be there.
"Something to motivate them. To cause the horses to have a drive to kill these things." She didn't even know what she was going to say. What do you say?
"But I do want to wait here for the night. I don't like the idea of spending the night right next to their woods." Mirage had only spent two nights in those woods. That experience she didn't care to repeat any time soon. She owed Ezazel, Makivis, and Lestat her life. Had they not been fighting to here she would be dead for sure. Lestat nodded, lowering his body to the ground. Mirage choose to sleep standing. She wanted to be able to move quicker if something came at her.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 8:39

Desperado walks, each step slower than the one before it. He was thinking, about 20,000 things at once. Why he left his home. If he should go back. What would happen if he did, and how would he get there? This was his home now. He just had to suck it up and deal with it. The stallion turns back around, then returns to the hill. Once on top, he lay down in the grass.

Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 14:11

Mirage woke up. What time was it? It wasn't morning that's for sure. Lestat was still asleep by her. It was hot, the sky clear.
"Wake up." Mirage tapped Lestat with her foot. She had planned to get halfway back before nightfall. Ezazel would worry. She would have to make it quick.
"What. what." Lestat shook himself off as he stood.
"We gotta move. Come on." Mirage turned around, and started running down the hill. The tress slowly growing bigger on the horizon. The herd came into view. One of the stallions spotted her first. She slowed to a walk when she was close to the herd. Judging by the sun it had to be around noon. She must have been tired. The horses backed up from her and Lestat. It was very rare for even a region two horse to come down here. Let alone a region three. Especially a queen. And for her to be alone.
"I thought I should come down here. I heard what happened and I couldn't sit by anymore." Mirage still hadn't come up with what she was going to say. Then she decided to wing it. A few of the horses pawed the ground. They didn't want to hear her speech.
"I know we have been to far out of touch with the herds for too long. Makivis and Ezazel have been consumed with drawing battle plans and trying to tell what they were going to do next, that we forgot what brought us here. When Ezazel and I came here, the plan wasn't to fight. He had been fighting his whole life, it consumed him. The idea, the plan, was to start a herd, and live here. Peacefully. Not with the threat of lydes over our heads. We are all, I'm sorry, that the promise of safety couldn't be kept." Mirage paused, looking at the horses. She was loved by most of the herds. And some of the stallions who had opposed her coming here had changed, and now where leaning closer. Waiting for her next words.
"I need. We need, for you to band together and stop the lydes. If not for yourself, for the kids. For the foals that lay awake at night fearing of a lyde attack. For ever single little foal that has ever felt scared, hurt, or hunger when they go to bed." Some of the horses were now crying, realizing what she said was true. Mirage nodded, and started to walk back towards the tree. She wanted to get back before dark, and that was only about 7 hours away. The tree was close to 140 miles north, but she was going to run.

Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 14:17

Desperado looks at Ezazel and Makivis. Them, along with Mirage were the greats of Myst. Desperado, was just along for the ride. To basically, serve them. He snorts lightly to himself, then curls his body and rests his head in his legs. He closes his eyes, but was too tired, and angry with the world, to fall asleep.

Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 14:22

"We need a plan." Ezazel was wide awake now. If Desperado knew what Roseta looked like then he would ask him to go get her, but he didn't, and trying to explain it was pointless.
"Counter attack?" Makivis walked over to him, his voice hurt. He didn't want to yell.
"With what army?" Ezazel then turned and looked at Desperado.
"Do you have any fighting experience, other than the last night?"
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 14:28

Desperado turns again. He looks up. "A bit. I fought off a mountain lion once" He says, standing since the grass was no longer comfortable.

Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 19:57

"Mountain lion" Makivis snorted. "Well. I don't think
we have any ones here." He stood, his nose up
slightly, testing the breeze had become suck a
habit anymore.
It had become almost dusk, and Mirage still
wasn't back. He couldn't smell her. He watched
the sun set, praying she had found a cave
or someplace out of the way to hide in, when
hoofbeats broke the silence. Thundering
hoofbeats, carrying a light horse.
Mirage.
"You came back!" Makivis had a cheerfulness
in his voice. Ezazel, had a much different
look.
"What the fuck is wrong with you." His voice
growled, Mirage took a step back.
"Sneaking off while I'm asleep. Alone. Exposed.
You could of been killed. What good would that
have done anybody!" He was practically yelling.
Tears formed around his eyes, his legs shaking a bit.
"Don't you ever, ever, ever. Do that again."
Mirage only manged to nod, her head suddenly
felt heavy, but she walked around to Ezazel anyway.
He said it because he cared.
"I'm gonna go find that damn Zephyre. Any clue
where she might be?" Makivis looked over to Mirage,
then Ezazel. They both shook their heads. Makivis
turned, then trotted downhill.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:05

Well. Someones a bit bipolar. He thinks. And then theres Makivis. He is starting to piss me off. Prancing around everywhere. "Oh, a mountain lion. We dont have those here." He said. Bullshit you dont have those here. I killed it here. Desperado looks at Ezazel, then Mirage. She seemed upset, but knew better than to even try to comfort her. Even in his weak state, Ezazel was a force not to be reckoned with. He turns and leans against the oak tree, scratching an itch on his side.

Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:17

It didn't take Makivis too long to find the sleeping
Roseta. Her glow gave it away a mile off.
"Rose. Roseta!" Makivis called once he was about
10 feet off. He didn't want to startle her. Startled
magical horses never ended well.

"Ezazel's been hurt. He needs your help. You up
to try to heal him."
"From the looks of things. You need help." Roseta
laughed, but walked back up the hill with him.
She stopped cold after once glance at Ezazel.
"How is he alive?" She whispered to Makivis.
He only shook his head.
"I'm too hard to kill. You're stuck with me."
Ezazel looked over at her. She had forgotten his
incredible hearing.
"You should really be laying down. Sleeping would
be preferred.. but I don't think you've slept
in a very long time." Roseta had already started
trying to heal him, the minor cuts healed
first, the large gouges slowly drew closed.
Roseta flinched a bit. Healing never felt good,
but she didn't want to get banished to the
lyde territory. She had only seen a lyde once,
luckily, Makivis and her dad, Zachariah had been
there to save her.
"Seriously. Try to sleep. You'll feel better soon."
Then she turned and walked over to Desperado.
She smiled, then asked him. "Do you want me to
heal you too?"
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:21

Desperado turns his head to look at the... unicorn? Saphrya unicorn? No. the tail was too.. weird. Oh yeah. Zephyre. He had almost forgotten about the gash on his neck. So she was healing? So much for my trips to find the flowers... "Yes, please. Are you a Zephyre?"

Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:25

"Yes, Why?" Roseta's voice carried slightly, so she
tried to talk quiet. Soon, the gash on his neck was
nothing but a small nick. "That's all I got. I spent
most of my energy on Ezazel." Makivis walked over
to her, and offered to take her back home. He hated
sending her off alone in the night, it felt wrong.
Not to mention she was the only healer in myst that
they knew of.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Desire

Twisted-Desire

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:27

Desperado glares at Makivis, in his head. He simply looked at him in real life. "I was just wondering." He whinnies. "Thanks for healing me." He says, lowering his head and munching on some god forsaken grass.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Smell of Sweet Summer Air   The Smell of Sweet Summer Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Smell of Sweet Summer Air
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Region Three-The Tree Territory-
Jump to: