Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Arrival

Go down 
+3
ManhattanRouge
PrintedShadows
Fallen_Death
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fallen_Death

Fallen_Death

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeThu 2 Aug 2012 - 2:59

Jetfire looked around nervously smelling for a significant other. "Anyone home?!" He neighed, "I've come here alone! Does this belong to anyone?" He took a step back, accidentally breaking a fallen branch. Fire jumped and backed away into a tree. His ears motioned to the sound of a river behind him. Jetfire turned around and waded through the thick foliage. There in front of him was a clear water stream that seemed like it ran forever. Dark, molded rocks sat at the edge of the waters path holding in the green. It was simple and quiet, if not heavenly. He decided this was going to be his home for a while. Jetfire hoped someone was out there. But until then he'd have to get comfortable.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeThu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:46

Avril wasn't really much for company, but the thought of being alone with the lydes made him cringe. His ears shot up at the sound of something. Lyde? No, wait. It just talked. He thought about saying hello, but enough noise had already been made. The creek was always running with water, and it was loud enough it covered the sounds of his footsteps. He looked at the stallion for a second. The stallion looked kind enough. But his hair? It was bright orange. Where these the horses Ezazel had told him about the other day? It must be.

Avril walked up to the horse that seemed to be started by a tree. "Hello." He said. Not all that loud, but not all that friendly either. "You look lost."

Last edited by PrintedShadows on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 21:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mystequinerpg.forumotion.com
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Waiting in the shadows   New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeThu 2 Aug 2012 - 19:49

Nayteri had wandered into this deep forested area, tired and wary of everything. She had heard of things called Lydes that were close by these lands, and that they could very well kill a horse. So she was very cautious and stayed in the shadows at all times, which was easy since 1) it seemed like the whole area was covered with shadows, and 2) her black coat (excluding her red markings) blended right into the forest shadows. The river also covered any hoof sounds, so Nayteri was like a mere soul or ghost slipping through the dark forest. She found a dark, quiet, and safe (or so she reassured herself it was) nook in the woods and settled down. Then suddenly she heard a twig breaking, then a voice, and a reply back. Should I join in the conversation? Nayteri asked herself. Then she shook her head and snorted softly. She would listen, wait, and learn. Then Nayteri become apart of the woods, peeking out to see what was happening.
Back to top Go down
Fallen_Death

Fallen_Death

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug 2012 - 9:53

He turned his head to see another stallion and sighed in relief. The bay stallion immediately lost all fear by the comfort of another equine and not a lyde. "Why uh...yes. Yes I am. Would you know the one who owns this territory?" Jet asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug 2012 - 20:06

Avril laughed. It was kind, and friendly.
"Who owns the territory?" Avril said. His head high in the air. "I do." Avril smiled a bit.
"Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Fallen_Death

Fallen_Death

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2012 - 16:33

He looked on in shock. "You don't say. Well... Do you mind if I settle here for a while? Won't be a bother at all!" Jet gave a small grin, trying his best to be polite.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2012 - 17:39

Nayteri perked up her ears to listen to the talk of the stallions. Should she make her move, and go out and introduce herself? Or should she wait and lie here? Lost in thought, Nayteri accidentally brushed upon some dead leaves.
Back to top Go down
Fallen_Death

Fallen_Death

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2012 - 19:37

Fire paused, ears flicking to the sound of crunching leaves. "Hear that?" He looked on into the shadows, searching for a lyde or another horse. His nostrils flared. The scent. Definitely a horse. The stallion took a step back and held a strong pose in case he needed to flee.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2012 - 21:45

Oh no, I've done it now! thought Nayteri. Now she had to show herself, or else they might attack her or run away. Nayteri then slowly walked out of the underbrush, not sure what to expect.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Aug 2012 - 0:15

Avril started to say, "Yes! That would be ju--" When the horse that had apparently hid it's self in the underbrush emerged.
"It really isn't best to hide in a dark place, Lydes like the dark, and they don't need their eyes to find you..." Avril said, looking over at the new mare.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Aug 2012 - 5:08

Dutch, hiding at the edge of the forest, hears these voices. Fearing that the Lydes are around she starts to panic. She doesn't want to stay. In her panic she rears up, catching her legs on branches, snapping them off the trees! Immediately she realizes what she has done! "Stupid" she whispers to herself! Fearing that they Lydes heard her, she makes her way out of the forest. She spots the other horses and jumps to conclusions. "Lydes" she says and rears up. After a longer look she realizes that they are not Lydes but she is still very cautious. "Who are you? " she asks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Aug 2012 - 9:55

"Well. I am Avril, current alpha for the territory. Don't really know how I ended up with this role though." Avril says, the new horses all standing there, looking at one another.
"Now, I must ask, who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Fallen_Death

Fallen_Death

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Aug 2012 - 15:39

Jet stared at the two mares in confusion. Two mares. Right in front of him. "Oh and I'm Jetfire." Such an wierd name to say.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Aug 2012 - 15:59

"Uhh- my-my name is Dutchess" she stammers out, still terrified. She glances at Jetfire before turning back to face Avril. "What should I do? I am really terrified that the Lydes are going to come" she asks Avril and then glances at the forest knowing they could come out at any moment.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Aug 2012 - 21:57

Well this was awkward. And Nayteri hated awkward situations. "Well, in answer to your first question Avril, I must admit I like the dark too. A little too much for comfort, but the dark feels just safe for me, even though dangerous things lurk in the dark." Nayteri spoke quietly. "Also, my name is Nayteri. I'm of Dosviri blood." said Nayteri with hollowness and grief hidden in her voice. The Nayteri, looked at the other horses. "Hello Jetfire, and hello Duchess." Nayteri said with politeness.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeTue 7 Aug 2012 - 0:40

"Hello Nayteri" She says quietly. Dutchess was exhausted and collapsed on the ground. She needed rest. After a short break she stands back up again. "I need to sleep. Where is the safest place around here?" she asks Avril.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Aug 2012 - 16:28

"Well. The lydes tend to only attack loners. So as long as we stay together we should be alright." Just lie. Telling the truth here wont help. Avril thought. Knowing things might not work out so well.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 4:09

She looks at Avril with a suspicious look. "I don't believe you" She said. "Because of the tone of your voice". She was starting to feel uneasy. "Anyway" she says, changing the topic. "What can you tell me about this place?"
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012 - 21:15

"This place. It's different." Avril had just looked up at the horses around him. Lots of Saphyra. He began to felt out numbered.
"Ezazel, Mirage, and Makivis rule the place. Ezazel and Mirage are the king and queen, but Makivis is the castra general, so he has a great deal of say in many matters. Desperado, is another Saphyra. He is Makivis's right hand man, and also has a good amount of say. Mainly the general herds are all quiet this time of year. So are the lydes. They know to wait for the foals, then kill the mares. Kinda scary if you ask me. Hell, it's downright creepy. But, don't be alarmed. If you outnumber them you should be alright. They don't like to waste the energy on a fight, and will tend to wait to attack a pair or an alone horse."
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012 - 17:52

"Creepy alright" she says a little bit too loud. She quickly stops and puts her head down. "Ezazel, Mirage, and Makivis" she whispers to herself. "How long have they been here? Ezazel, Mirage, and Makivis?" she asks looking at Avril with a blank expression. Dutchess glances at the forest suddenly, and then looks back at Avril. "Don't psych yourself out Dutchess, there is nothing there" she whispers.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012 - 13:29

"Ezazel and Mirage founded the herd, they have been here for close to a year now. That first year, it was rough. Makivis followed Ezazel from Italy, they have known each other for close to 6 or 7 years now. He didn't get to Myst though, for about 6 months. Ezazel told him to wait, let the lydes get that the horses aren't leaving. Then, the rest of the horses came, and Ezazel realized they needed a leader. He had originally told Makivis he could lead, but then Makivis, a few minutes after accepting, appointed Ezazel to the king position. Mirage became Queen, and that runs us up to today." Avril watched the mare look over into the woods. It was almost mid-day, the sun beat down through the trees, showing spots all over the forest floor. "He's currently working on getting new herd leaders. I am really just temporarily in this position. I can't say that I care for it much.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012 - 1:18

Damien glanced at the horses chatting away.
Should I go over there...Nah, Its best to stay over here and wait and see If its safe over there... but what about the Lydes..What If they see me alone and attack. He thought, suddenly feeling like the whole world was staring at him, and reared up and ran around towards the other horses. IDIOT! He thought, Why run?! they may think you are a lyde attacking them! He stopped in his tracks, heart pounding, and closed his eyes. What have I done?! I could get myself killed If I keep acting like this, and worse, I could get OTHERS killed.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 20:36

Avril took a step back, the frantic actions of the stallion making him back up. What an odd thing to do. He thought to himself, looking around at the other horses, fright clear across their face.

"okay. You got my attention." Avril started.
"I'm Avril." He said then looking at the other horses, he threw his in their direction as he introduced them.
"And some Saphyra. This is Dutchess and Jetfire. " Then he paused. "And this is Nayteri"
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 6:06

The stallion frantically jumping out of the woods made Dutchess completely loose it! She reared up, whinning. Then, when hearing Avril introduce her to the horse, she calmed down. You just made a complete fool of yourself Dutch she thought to herself, feeling extremely embarrassed. "Uh, Hi," She said the the stallion very awkwardly. "I-I-I'm Dutchess" she stammered, still frightened from what just happened. "You gave me one HECK of a fright." She said to the stallion, regaining whatever confidence she had before the incident.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 11:11

Rex

Since he was snatched up and put on a ship to go over seas, Rex had not been his cool, calm, and collected self. The trip across the ocean was very nerve-wracking, and he still wasn't over all of the terrifying sea storms. Rex made a break for it as soon as they reached land, and from there had been galloping across the country ever since.

As he made his way toward a dark, shadowy forest, Rex sniffed the air. Other equines? he wondered. But what's that reptilian-ish scent? Rex slowed his pace, nervously trotting closer to the woods.
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

New Arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Arrival
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Lower Lakes Territory-
Jump to: