Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Arrival

Go down 
+3
ManhattanRouge
PrintedShadows
Fallen_Death
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
16jasmine16

New Arrival  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 11:11

Rex

Since he was snatched up and put on a ship to go over seas, Rex had not been his cool, calm, and collected self. The trip across the ocean was very nerve-wracking, and he still wasn't over all of the terrifying sea storms. Rex made a break for it as soon as they reached land, and from there had been galloping across the country ever since.

As he made his way toward a dark, shadowy forest, Rex sniffed the air. Other equines? he wondered. But what's that reptilian-ish scent? Rex slowed his pace, nervously trotting closer to the woods.
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 15:56

Dutchess spins her head again. "I can hear someone" she exclaims. "Not a lyde though" she says, sure of it. She wanders towards the edge of the forest, slowly. When she reaches the edge of the forest, she looks in. She can't see anyone. She turns and faces the others and looks back to see a shadowy figure far off in the distance. "There is someone there" she says, turning back to Avril. "What do we do? I mean, we need to get this horse out of the forest, but I don't want to frighten them"
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 17:00

Albeit the wary feeling in his gut, Rex looked into the forest for signs of life. The reptile smells were stronger here. Rex pawed the ground, and began to nose his way slowly into the branches of the woods.

"Ouch! I hate stupid burrs!" Rex complained to himself, feeling the uncomfortable stick of the seed. He rolled his eyes, "It's going to take ages to get these out of my hair." Rex pulled away from the brambles and continued his way in.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 18:09

What do we do? Why does all of the horses here try to hide. Do they not realize that's like the worst possible thing to do? Avril sighed. The little band might as well form a herd.
"Hello?" Avril looked at the shadow standing over in the forest. He too could smell the reptilian smell. It was sickening, but you got used to it. The smell was really weak, especially for this time of day. Avril thought of the sounds they made. They sounded more like a deep click. Always in threes.
"You know, hiding is a sure way to get you killed..." Avril let the words hang in the air. Trying to draw the horse out.
Back to top Go down
https://mystequinerpg.forumotion.com
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 19:47

Rex froze. His ears twitched, pointing to where he heard, what sounded like, a stallion. Delicately, so as to not entangle his hair further, Rex moved back into the sunshine. "Who are you?" Rex questioned the stranger with narrowed eyes. He stood straighter and swished his tail trying to appear larger and more intimidating.

[I finally got his ref done!! It can be seen on my dA. :)]
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 21:34

Introductions round two Avril thought. Avril wasn't short, but he tended to be very laid back and not really throw his weight around.
"Avril" He said. The others can introduce themselves.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 22:40

Rex stared at Avril unimpressed. Meh, he doesn't look like much, he evaluated. Turning his head, Rex peered behind Avril at the small crowd of assorted horses. A bay with bright orange hair striked Rex's interest. He looks fairly young.. "Hey, you, what's your name?" Rex looked at the stranger. While waiting for an answer, his purple eyes drifted over a scary looking mare, a Zephyre that looked extremely nervous, and a
-- Woah. Rex nickered appreciatively as he took in a gorgeous strawberry roan Saphyra. Trotting to her, Rex thought, Where has this girl been all my life? He threw his hair and spoke to her, "Hey. I'm Rex. Let me guess, your name is Desert Flower; you sure are beautiful enough to be one." Rex finished with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 0:52

She put her head down, surprised by the complement and the rather handsome stallion standing in front of her. Raising her head back up, she looked into the stallions eyes. "Aww why thank you very much Rex" giving a swish of her tail. "My name is Dutchess" she said to him "But you can call me Dutch if you would like" He's rather handsome, and that wink, woah she thought to herself. She kept looking at him, finding it hard to look away.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 14:28

Damien got so caught up in adrenaline he had noticed, he was just standing there looking like a complete IDIOT.
"Sorry, my names Damien." he said, looking ashamed.
"Oh and sorry for almost getting us all killed.."
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 15:33

Although he raised his eyebrows in the direction of Damien, Rex kept eye contact with Dutch. "So, can you give me the run-down of this place? It's kind of gloomy," he asked Dutchess, moving slightly closer to her.

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 23:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 17:43

Damien felt so excluded here, all the other horses were chatting with eachother. Damien pawed at the ground and decided, he wasnt getting anywhere doing this. Go Introduce yourself! What are you waiting for? Ask someone to show you around, I mean, its not like these horses are Lydes.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 23:50

{ooc: gah i'm sorry I hadn't posted in so long, it's just that school has been in my way D:}

Nayteri felt excluded from the group. She didn't always feel that way, since she used to be a queen and all. But hey, thats the whole reason she came here. To be alone. So Nayteri settled now and watched the new horses with interest.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 23:58

Avril took a step back. Rex now out ranked him. A new wave of unimportance flushed through him. He raised his head up a bit, showing his full stature. Then he realized he was soon forgotten. The looked around, and saw the Zephyre standing all alone, and the mare as well. At least it's not a damn Saphyra. he thought, then walked over to the stallion.
"You wanta leave them be?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:06

Nayteri looked at Avril, and she soon understood what he was going through. When she was a queen, a lot of horses (especially young stallions or mares) would try to outrank Nayteri and her king. They never succeeded, but she was always peeved about it. She understood exactly what Avril was going through. He was feeling unimportant, forgotten, exactly how she was feeling right now. But she decided to leave him be. Sometimes the story needed to be played out by itself, without any guidance from anyone else. She then looked at the handsome young stallion newcomer. He was flirting with Duchess, and Nayteri smirked. She'd seen her case of handsome stallions that act like spoiled mares. She noticed him trying to get the burr out from his perfectly groomed mane and rolled her eyes. Pathetic she thought.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:13

Soon, Avril looked at the mare. He caught a glance, then turned back to the stallion.
"I'm gonna go over there. You should come." And he turned and started walking her way. He had grown a little rough around the edges for his close to a year at myst. The woods was dark and thick, and even in the summer it never got really hot. The winters though, were freezing. He had thought it made him even more sexy, but apparently, he was wrong. But he really couldn't care less. He had known all along his region rank was closing, but he never thought so soon. The region was just too big for one horse.
"I say we leave them be." Avril lowered his head to be the same height as the mare.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:20

Nayteri saw Avril coming. "Sure, I'll come." She then stood up and walked over to him. Nayteri finally got a good look at Avril. He had gotten a little wild with his hair, but she thought that it suited him. "Yes, let's leave them be." she said mischievously.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:30

Rex noticed Avril and a mare muttering together, and was shaken out of his 'connection' with Dutch. He looked up, suddenly alert to how quickly things were changing around here. With his simple challenging gesture, Rex had over-ridden Avril in rank! Now he was free to move into the more luxurious region of the 'Lakes Territory', possibly bringing along more horses.

Rex seized the deteriorating chance to include the young and fit Damien in his inner circle. He walked over to him as he heard Avril call out to Damien. Rex neighed loudly to catch his attention.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:34

Avril turned around, looking back at the stallion. Nodding for him to follow, he lead the mare out to the fields. Then the new horse tried to challenge him. Was he crazy? It was almost dark! They needed to move, but there is no way he would know that. Avril stopped. He let out a single breath and walked right up to the new horse. He raised up, then snorted again.
"Stay out of my way." He looked him dead in the eyes. He still ruled region one. Rex needed to move to region two. Where he belonged. Then he turned around ,and left.

That would be safer for the night anyway. He could still hear the voices a long ways off. His hair got caught on a branch, but he threw his head forward to break it free. He was looking up the hill. You could see the top of the oak from there. Avril was almost shaking. He couldn't tell why. He wasn't cold. It wasn't a shiver. Just shake. Like a leaf right before it blows away.
Forget it. he thought. Then he thought about asking the mare a few things, the stories were usually interesting.
"So what brings you to this little piece of hell I call home?"
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 1:09

Somebody sure needs to get a grip, Rex thought annoyingly. He sneered, then turned his back on Avril.

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 10:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 4:25

She was staring to feel awkward. She didn't like excluding others. She broke eye contact with Rex and moved away. "Sorry, I didn't mean to exclude anyone or anything" She said, feeling very ashamed and embarrassed. She wasn't very comfortable here, but she wasn't sure if she could move to Region 2. She held her head low, avoiding eye contact with anyone, only looking up once at Avril. She did feel bad about what had just happened. "I'm sorry" she whispered to Avril. She hung around, trying not to look at many of the other horses. She felt like no one liked her, that they all thought of her as silly, as stuck up, immature, things like that. She wasn't sure though. She looked up. "Can I ask? What do you think of me?" The question was directed at everyone, but she looked a Avril, wanting to hear his thoughts the most.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 7:42

**Completely off character-

The rpg allows for your horse to be essentially, three places at once. As long as you can handle posting multiple times, then your good. As long as the areas don't overlap with each other. If that makes sense? Like you couldn't be talking with say Dutchess here, and then have Dutchess show up in your other posts.

AND I made a typo. My brain got confused, but yes, essentially Rex now outranks my Avril. Avril rules region one, the shadow territory. Rex rules region two, the lakes territory. But this might help:

Region three rules all. And outranks all.
Region two rules region two and outranks region one
Region one rules region one and outranks no one.

Last edited by PrintedShadows on Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 7:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 7:58

Avril hadn't gotten that far out of the herd yet, but still he could hear one of the other mare's questions. Dutchess was her name? The sun was now almost completely gone, the red hues disappearing with it. The moon brought on a more blue, cold look to the forest. Then he thought he heard the systematic clicks. Stop it! Your just going a little bit crazy, there's nothing there. (lydes click like threes, I can't remember if I posted that) Then he waited. He would have heard the next round by now if there were any around. It must have just been the wind. Then he stopped and turned around. He didn't move. Just looked back at the bunch that shown up brightly in the moonlight. The one good thing his ruggedness gave him, was darkness in the moonlight.
"I think your running from something." Then Avril turned, and started walking again

Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 10:13

Nayteri sighed, and walked on with Avril. She would rather stick with him than near that sassy stallion anyday. She hoped that Duchess would follow her, as she found a liking to her. She was neutral with the other horses. She hadn't really talked to them yet. Nayteri, as she walked, looked slowly around. It was dark, and horses couldn't see well in the dark. She would really just like to lie down and eat, as she was exhausted and hungry. But she decided not to let it show.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 11:33

(*ooc* Sorry I havent replied DX I had to go to bed early*)
Damien was caught up in so many questions, stay in region one with Avril, or go to region two with the other stallion.
"Im going to let you guys decide where I stay," He said, loudly, hoping to get everyones attention.
"region one, or region two"
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 11:39

[I was all messed up, Patchy. When you want to, you just make a post in the UPGRADE section of awesome Lakes Territory if you want to go up a level.]
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 15:57

Dutchess decided to follow the other horses. She walked up to Nayteri, walked along beside her. "Hi" she said not actually looking at the horse. "We haven't really had a proper talk yet, Let me introduce myself properly. My name is Dutchess, I am 3 years old, and I quite scared that the lydes are going to jump out and attack me. I'm going to move to region two soon, maybe you could too, I would love to get to know you better."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Arrival    New Arrival  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Arrival
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Lower Lakes Territory-
Jump to: