Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Head is an Animal

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Roxy559

My Head is an Animal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:13

She saw the confusion on Layka's face. What was it for. She looked a Rex again. What did he do? It was probably nothing Dutch she told herself. "Yea, lets go" she said coldly, not wanting to be around Layka any longer. She trotted off happily with Rex by her side. She could help but smile because she had won. For now anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:28

Night had fallen, Rex and Dutchess now standing cozily against each other in the cave. Rex had already devised a plan to speak to Layka alone; he'd wait for Dutch to fall asleep and then he would gallop down to the tree. But it wasn't going so well.. Dutchess seemed determined to stay up as late as she could.

Faking a yawn, he asked her, "Aren't you getting sleepy..?"
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:32

Rex seemed very sleepy, but also eager. But for what? "Maybe a little" she said, letting her eyes close. She yawned. In reality, she wasn't tired at all. Two can play at this game she thought to herself and she had to stop herself from smiling. She pretended that she was asleep, giving Rex the chance he needed to do what he wanted. Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:45

He waited an hour, to make sure that Dutch was sleep. Rex figured that it was about midnight as he walked swiftly away. Ugh, gotta be careful; the lydes may be getting hungry..

Now at a loping canter, Rex was feeling antsy. Shouldn't the tree be around here somewhere? I'm pretty sure it doesn't take an hour to get there from the cave.. He stopped. Am I lost? Rex squinted in the night's light, trying to see more than fifteen yards ahead of him. There! Layka's markings glittered under the moon. He walked slowly over, hoping to not scare her.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:52

She opened her eyes when she was sure that Rex was gone and she followed him, keeping her distance. Rex slowly came into view after a lot of squinting trying to locate the lake. She quickly went and stood behind a rock. Is-is-is that Layka? She stood there and watched for a little bit. She knew that they couldn't see her, the rock was too big. She knew what he was doing. She was furious again. She galloped back to the cave. She would wait until morning, then she would make her move.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:54

Layka woke up slowly, she saw Rex standing further back, and got up and walked over to him.
"What do you want with me?" she asked sleepily.
I hope he's not here to tell me about his wonderful Dutchess.
Layka stood there, pawing the ground, awaiting his answer.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:04

"I'm sorry for the way Dutchess was earlier. We aren't even officially dating; I didn't know she would be so clingy! It's kind of annoying, really." Rex shifted his weight back and forth nervously. "Anyway, I was, uh, wondering if maybe you would want to.. um.. hang out later. Like maybe tomorrow or the day after I could take you on that tour you were promised?" He chuckled.

Layka's eyes glimmered in the moonlight like a cat's, Rex couldn't look away. It was like being hypnotized.. He remembered of her seducing moves the day before.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:12

Layka couldn't believe what she was hearing.
'Dutchess and I arent even officially dating' and 'I didn't know she would be so clingy!'
"That sounds great to me." Layka said, she was smiling now.
A tour...Maybe could turn into a date she thought happily.
"So uh, does Dutchess think you guys are.. a couple?" Layka asked.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:19

Layka positively glowed after hearing Rex speak. He mirrored her; grinning. "Umm.. I'm not sure. Maybe? I don't know. She's really confusing. But speaking of her, I should probably get back to the cave. She'd flip if she woke up and I was gone." He said it with slight annoyance. "So I'll see you later I suppose? We should have a meeting place.. You know, so we have a place to rendezvous? How about that cluster of rocks by the creek?"

She nodded, and Rex galloped back to the cave. He walked as quietly as he could to not disturb Dutchess.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:25

She lay there smirking. Rex would be back anytime now. She heard the sound of hoofs outside and quickly dropped the smirk. She lay still, in a few hours it would be morning. Thing are gonna go down she thought to herself although she was pretty useless at thinking of things that could hurt someone, she wasn't that type of horse. For the rest of the night she spent it thinking of things to say to Rex.

A few hours later, she 'woke up' and looked at Rex who was lying there like he had never left. "Good morning" she whispered to herself, making sure that Rex didn't hear her. She stood at the entrance of the cave, waiting for him to stir.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:28

Layka watched as Rex galloped back to meet Dutchess.
He was talking about her like she was a bad thing...Maybe they just aren't compatible. she thought.
Layka lay back down, and fell asleep again, but slowly this time. She was thinking of Rex the entire time, she had dreams about her and Rex, running around together, she was his leading lady. But her dreams were disrupted by nightmares of Dutchess barging in and yelling at her, cold icy stares haunted her mind.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:31

Light peeped through the large mouth of the cave and hit his eyes. Rex scrunched them up, as if to repel the rays of the sun. Fine, fine, I'll get up! He yawned and saw that Dutchess was standing in the opening, looking rather perturbed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Rex asked tiredly, stretching his legs as he walked over. The morning dew felt cold on his legs and he trotted in place to warm up.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:39

She turned around as Rex approached her. "Oh nothing, just enjoying the sun" she told him truthfully. "How did you sleep?" she asked curiously. "I'll tell you about my night" she said smiling. 'Well I went for a walk last night, It was pretty good" she told him "And yea..... How was your talk with Layka?" she asked him. She had turned cold. She wasn't proud. Why was she so clingy? These were questions she couldn't answer. Maybe her and Layka could be friends after all, Dutch was becoming like her, a cold, mean person. What I am doing? How could I be like this? She thought back to the time when Rex told her that her children would lucky to have her as a mother. I don't think he still believes that anymore

She broke down, not because of what Rex was doing, but because of what she had become. She was ashamed. She turned away from Rex. "I'm not crying because of what you have done if that's what your thinking" she told him, still heartless. Why can't I stop?
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:50

"I slept-" Dutch cut him off. "How was your talk with Layka?" Rex recoiled. His eyes roved over her infuriated face. God, what happened to her?!

"Geez, Dutchess, chill out. You need to get a grip. We just started dating and you're already flipping out over the smallest thing. You need to get that this if my first relationship in a long time. It's not like I can just- bam -become the perfect loyal little boyfriend over night." As Rex said 'bam' he brought his hoof down hard upon the stone.

Dutch's eyes then filled with tears, her shoulders shaking. Tenderly, Rex brought his muzzle to her face and wiped away the salty drops.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 17:59

"Rex, I am so sorry!" she sobbed as he wiped away her tears. She felt awful for doing what she did. She took a big sigh, trying to regain herself. "I don't know what has happened to me, I feel like I have become a monster. You should be furious with me." she told him. "I shouldn't be so jealous. You and Layka are just friends, and I know, we have onlly just started dating, I guess, this is my first real relationship and I just didn't want to lose you." she managed to get out between the sobs. "I promise, I'll stop, I wont act like a crazed freak anymore." She looked at him. Her eyes were fulled of tears. She couldn't see properly but it didn't matter. "Is there anything that you want to do today?" she asked him, finally managing to stop crying.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 21:53

"You and Layka are just friends.." He shifted nervously, mumbling an agreement. "Uhh, how about we just give each other some space today. I'm going to go explore some more of Region 2. Uh. Yeah. I'll see you later though in the cave?" Rex trotted away, and disappeared from view over a hill.

After he was out of Dutch's vision, Rex went his and Layka's secret meeting place. He stood there for a good two hours before seeing her lovely mane pop up over the horizon. "Hey Layka!"
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 21:59

Layka saw Rex waiting, and she started walking up to him, gradually increasing in speed.
"Hello Rex!" she said cheerfully, cantering towards him.
"I'm ready for my tour" She spoke the word tour with a slight accent.
Tour now, but maybe later tonight it could become a date! she thought.
"Where shall we head off to first?"
When she was with Rex, Layka felt calmer, and more like she could be herself around him.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:08

The aura Layka brought with her was pleasant, and lifted his spirits by a mile. "Haha, 'tour'? What are you, french?" Rex joked. "Not that I don't like it, it sounds pretty.. sexy." He brought in his own silly accent on the last word.

"Yeah, let's go. I think we'll go to the top of the tallest mountain in Lakes Territory and a secret place no-one has ever seen." Rex shook his mane, his ear hoop threatening to come off. They galloped together across the landscape, their shadows a synchronized blob.

Layka and Rex neared the base of the mountain, known as Jiggs, and began to climb. It was rather rocky, a rough terrain. Ugh, if it's hard for me to get up this thing, think of how hard it must be on Layka, he thought concernedly. "You okay back there?" Rex called.

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:14

Layka laughed at the little accent joke, her mother was from England, and her Father from Paris
"Well, Yes, I am French." she said, looking at Rex, who looked a little surprised, Layka just laughed.
oooh A secret place! Layka was excited.

The two horses galloped over to a mountain,
"Wow, tall" Layka said.
She heard Rex ask her if she was okay, did he think she was a wimp, because she was a mare?
To prove him wrong, Layka passed Rex and started laughing. "Just because I'm a mare, doesn't mean I can't do things that require strength." she said, using her accent more thickly, joking around.
Oh, when does this annoying mountain end.
"Are we there yet?" She joked
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:26

As he was about to turn his head to see how Layka was getting on, Rex felt a whoosh of wind whiz past him. "Geez, Layka, when did you get so fast?!" He yelled, laughing. He put on a burst of speed, catching up with her.

"Yes, we're almost to the top. In fact, here we are!" The pair cantered around on last patch of trees and stepped out onto a clearing. Rex was panting hard, pretty tired from the long trip up. Relieved, he remembered, At least the way down will go much quicker.

Rex stepped closer to Layka, trying to appear casual. "So.. like the view?"
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:32

Layka was quite tired herself. She took a few deep breaths before answering Rex's question.
"The view is simply stunning." she said, the words fading out of her mouth, into the cool autumn air.
The sun shone on the two horses illuminating their coats, Rex's eyes were a lilac color in this lighting.
"Your eyes." she started.
"They are wonderful, like the flowers in spring."
This moment is perfect, It couldn't get any better
The cool air swished their manes and tails around fiercely, the sudden sweep of piercing cold air felt calming.
"Winter, or summer" Layka asked
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:50

Rex could barely hear her reply; Layka was so breathless at the scene. She then spoke, "Your eyes..." Rex looked away, embarrassed yet pleased. It felt amazing to be told a compliment by such an alluring mare.

All of a sudden, a sharp breeze punctured the warmth. "Winter or summer?"
"I'm not sure..," Rex answered untruthfully, not sure. He wanted to say what Layka preferred; anything not that wasn't right. "Winter?"
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 22:58

Layka smiled, Winter was her preference towards summer.
"Autumn is still best of them all, but Winter is very close." She said, her eyes were closed, as she was enjoying the cool breeze that swept over them.
"What do you enjoy most about winter?" she asked.
Rex is so wonderful to be around, And I Can not believe Im enjoying this moment with him.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:10

"..I like the fact that everything is white, bright, and fluffy," Rex replied, smiling. "You know, we should probably start heading for the Grotto, or else we won't have enough time to get back home." He turned around, at began to gallop down the mountain, Layka on his heels.

"The place is only a few miles away from here, so we should be good on time now," Rex said to her when they reached the bottom. "You're really going to like it, it's almost as beautiful as you." He winked.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:13

Layka was giggling, she couldn't help it.
"Rex, you are so sweet." she said, and gave him a little bow.
"I absolutely can not wait to see it"
The grotto, It sounds beautiful.
As she followed Rex, the leaves crunched beneath her hooves.
"Whats the Grotto like?" she asked
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:24

"You'll see.. Now let's go, I'm excited to show it to you!"

Rex and Layka resumed their steady gallop. The ground was getting mushier, hard to walk in. Rex looked down at his muddy hooves, a little annoyed to be looking less than right in front of the perfect Layka. We must be getting close, Rex thought. And so they were: "There it is!" he shouted, thrilled that they were there finally.

He splashed through the deep water, nosing his way through the vines covering the entrance..

(where dey be~)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Head is an Animal
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Upper Lakes Territory-
Jump to: