Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Head is an Animal

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
16jasmine16

My Head is an Animal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:24

"You'll see.. Now let's go, I'm excited to show it to you!"

Rex and Layka resumed their steady gallop. The ground was getting mushier, hard to walk in. Rex looked down at his muddy hooves, a little annoyed to be looking less than right in front of the perfect Layka. We must be getting close, Rex thought. And so they were: "There it is!" he shouted, thrilled that they were there finally.

He splashed through the deep water, nosing his way through the vines covering the entrance..

(where dey be~)
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:37

"Wow, this is gorgeous!" Layka said, she was smiling more than before.
"It's so romantic."
Oh Rex is just so romantic, and perfect, he is everything I'd ever have wished for!
She looked at her reflection in the water, noticing her mane had gotten a tad messy.
"I apologize for my horrendous appearance" she sad sadly
"I guess climbing mountains can give you a bad hair day" she joked
Layka stared into Rex's reflection from the water, hoping he wouldn't notice her gazing at him, he was so perfect in every aspect to Layka.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:47

Looking down at the water, trying to spy little fishes, he noticed that Layka was staring at his reflection. Rex smiled knowingly.

"Oh, you're beautiful, Layka! Who cares if your mane is a little messed up; you'll always be the star. Here, I'll prove it!" Rex then leaped into the water, creating a huge splash that drenched them both! Their bodies were now smothered in water moss and dirt. "Haha!" Rex laughed flirtingly. He splashed around the miniature cove a little bit more, disrupting the lily pads and frogs.

He splished his way farther into the dark grotto, hiding from view.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2012 - 23:50

Layka decided to let loose, and have some fun for once. Today, looks don't matter...as much
Layka jumped into the water with Rex and started laughing.
She noticed Rex moving into the grotto, and follow, clumsily, splashing water everywhere.
"You know Rex, right now today is easily the best day of my life" she smiled
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:02

Rex hid in the shadows, waiting for Layka to appear. She soon did, and her face lit up as she saw Rex holding a white lily flower in his mouth. "Like it?" he mumbled through his teeth. He carefully slid in into her forelock, like a hairpiece that were so popular in Hollywood. "This is one of the best days of my life, too," Rex replied.. But then he remembered. The single best day of his life. Dutchess. Meeting her. Kissing her. Sleeping next to her. An empty pit formed in his stomach.

What am I doing here with Layka? he wondered. I have the best girlfriend in the world already! Rex looked blankly through the dirty mare in front of him, lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:07

"It's beautiful!" Layka said happily.
"I've never really met anyone who understands me, but Rex, you are different, you're amazing" then she noticed him staring blankly at her.
"Is..is something wrong?" she asked sadly.
"Should I leave now.." she turned around.
Did I do something wrong? I can't let loose and have fun anymore, I need to keep Rex happy..he seems sad
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:10

"No, no! Don't leave! Everything's fine," Rex moved fast, around Layka in front of the exit. He moved forward to speak again, but tripped over an underwater log, lurching him into the mare. Their lips met for a brief second and Rex jerked backwards. "I'm sorry! I have to go!" He turned around once more and high-tailed it out of the grotto as fast as his legs would carry him
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:20

Rex tripped, and their lips met, then he started running and left Layka standing there, muddy, wet and cold.
"Rex..." she said softly.
I messed up, I am horrible, this is my fault, and now he is RUNNING away from me.
Layka started tearing up inside the cave, and wadded through the water, "where to now, he hasn't finished touring me, so I practically know nothing" she was talking to herself now.
She spotted the tree she usually layed under, it was a tall oak tree, with silver-ish leafs.
"You didn't leave me yet, now did you oak tree?" Layka started fixing her mane up, and cleaning off the moss and dirt.
"Well, I blew it. Its done, finished. Over with...No chances now Layka"
She was furious, she gave every horse that passed by her an icy cold glare.
She sat under the tree again, and looked at the flower Rex gave her, replayed the compliments in her mind.
She was soon tricking herself into thinking they meant nothing, she had nothing special with him, nor would she ever.
She tried her hardest to erase that day from her memory.
No matter how hard I try to be perfect, I always fail.
Layka had found little dandelions in the ground and started weaving them to make a necklace to wrap over the tree's branches. When she finished, she stood up, faced the tree and said "Now I, and everyone else here, knows you are my tree." she said.
She layed back down and slept, nightmares of the scene at the grotto haunted her.
He probably ran back to Dutchess.

Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:25

As he made his way back to the cave, Rex had taken a detour. He made a tight circle around the tree territory and it was now night-time. I suppose I should return to Dutchess now.. Rex spotted the large tree, marking where Layka spent a lot of her time. He couldn't see anything underneath, but that was probably just because it's too dark, he thought.

Rex clip-clopped into the stone area that was unofficially deemed his and Dutch's home.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:30

Dutchess was lying in the corner of the cave. When she heard the clip clop of his hooves on the stones she jumped up with excitement. 'REX, You're back" she said excitedly. She has been there all day. She had no other friends here, they were all back in region 1. She looked at him. He was all muddy. "What did you do today?" she asked curiously. She still wasn't sure if she could trust him. She shook any thought away that had anything to do with Rex and Layka. It's okay Dutch, he is here with YOU. She smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:38

Rex could barely see in the darkness, but he could hear perfectly well. Dutchess was here, and she was happy. Rex's heart did a little flop. "Dutch, hi! I missed you today.. I missed you a lot. You probably don't want to come near me, I'm covered in muck. I, ah, went in a lake." He improvised on the spot, wishing to avoid any sticky conversations. "How about you, what'd you do?"

He went in closer, and lied down getting comfortable. The smelly scent coming from his coat was getting annoying, and Rex regretted not washing up before returning.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:43

He stunk. Really bad. What on earth was in that lake? she thought to herself.
"I just lay here all day" she told him. She wasn't going to lie, say that she was out socializing with all the other horses.
"God, I'm not trying to be rude, but you smell terrible. Why don't you go down to the lake and wash up." she said, making a face.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:46

"Haha, okay, I'll go wash up."

Rex didn't want to, though. He was not wanting to risk another.. interaction with Layka. He, however, did as Dutchess suggested and walked quietly to the lake beside Layka's dandelion adorned tree.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:49

Layka woke up in the middle of the night, so thirsty, she was screaming in her mind, nightmares haunted her now, while she was awake.
She took each step toward the lake slowly, She drank water in little sips, and stood there looking at the moon.
You will have the same routine every day Layka, Sit under a big oak tree, talk to it, and then have nightmares all night. stare at the moon, do something with your life and stop obsessing over Rex.
She started crying for no reason, then realized her reason.
"So many horses hate me" she sad sadly
"I hate me"
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 0:56

As he neared the sparkling water, Rex saw a figure by the shore. "Hello..?" he said nervously. "Oh, Layka, it's you." Rex cringed. What are the freaking odds that the one mare I don't want to see is at the lake in the middle of the damn night? "Um, I'm just cleaning the mud off and then I'm going back to Dutchess, so.. Uh. Yeah"

Rex was highly uncomfortable; torn between the two horses. Layka was so captivating and dangerous, while Dutch was the good girl- always there and easy to talk to. And a perfect kisser.. he thought.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:00

Suspecting that Layka would be down by the lake, she followed Rex at a very safe distance. She hid behind the same rock she had the first time. You promised you wouldn't do this again Dutch she thought.

Rex looks so uncomfortable, a good sign, well for Dutchess at least. She kept watching as Rex started cleaning the mud off him. She needed to leave well before he did if she was to get back to the cave un-noticed.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:09

"I was just leaving, and going back to sleep. I had a nightmare and got thirsty" she said gloomily.
"The nightmare haunts me" she was turning back to the tree.
One tear dropped from her cheekbones onto the ground.
Get over him Layka. stop trying. You can love him, but it won't change the fact he loves Dutchess more. He will always love her more
Love at first site isn't real
She paced around the tree a few times and took a little stroll around, staying close to the tree. this tree was her home now, it was her family. for it was the one thing that would not leave her.
"Goodnight Rex" she said quietly
"Dutchess is waiting for you" The word Dutchess came out as a cold, hard word, as If it were cursed, and not to be used.

Layka layed down, not yet sleeping. she stared at the leaves on the ground and made a list of people who hated her from inside out.
Toki, Dutchess, Mother, Esperenza, Rex probably hates me too. she stopped making the list after realizing she was crying again.

She glanced at the tree, and said goodnight.
But she couldn't rest. not after today, this nightmare. wanting to disappear from the world, she closed her eyes tight, and said "Take me home, take me to father."
Very likely, he lives with the stars. You will never see him.

"Goodnight Layka" she said to herself. and with that she fell asleep again
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:20

Rex tilted his head, worried. A tear slid down Layka's face and onto the hard, cold ground. She walked away from the lake and back to her tree a few yards away. Rex finished getting the dirt off and trotted over to where she lie.

"Layka," he whispered. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." He knelt down, and lied down next to her, resting his head upon her back. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I was confused. I do love you, but.." Rex couldn't finish. His insides shook, he felt horrible. I want them both. But I can't. I need to make a choice.

"She needs me more.." Rex knew that Layka knew who 'she' was. He didn't need to say Dutchess' name. "You'll find somebody much better than me, I promise. Don't you stress over it for a second. I care about you, and always will. Perhaps later we'll be able to have something more. But for now, we cannot be together."

Rex was close to falling apart. But alpha stallions are not vulnerable. Instead, he kissed Layka. A sweet, short, emotion filled nuzzle. "I'll see you around, k?" He stood up and walked away, looking back to where she lie. Suppressing a shudder, Rex went back into to the cave.

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Sun 23 Sep 2012 - 17:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:29

Layka let one more tear fall to the ground after Rex had left.
"Goodbye" she said softly, a while after he left.
She was just staring blankly at the ground.
Its done with. He and Dutchess are together. you cannot stop it. Give it up. Move on, stop sitting next to this tree. Is this where you are going to stay for the rest of your life. think about what father would say.
She continued staring blankly at the ground. she stood up and walked towards the lake again. she went out further into it and lay in the water.

Letting the cold, hard waves of reality hit her face. Feeling the sharp wind smack her face.
She felt like Ice.
"I am ice now." she said to herself, to the moon, and the stars.

Ice. I was always Ice. I have a heart of ice. except when It comes to Rex, he melts my ice cold heart. He fills the empty void in my life. But he has chosen. Dutchess.

She was still laying in the freezing water, letting the sharp pain run through her body. Feeling something, she felt numb all day. this woke her up, she felt all the pain from everything that had ever happened flood into her, her heart was throbbing, legs shaking and her teeth chattering.
She just lay there, a figure frozen in the moonlight.

Today I die.
Today I am reborn.
Today.
I am Layka.

Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:31

She saw how torn he was over Layka. Even she felt bad for her. Then Rex kissed her. Did she really want this? Suddenly Rex turned around and started making his way towards the cave. "Crap" she said, a bit loud and she galloped off. She quickly approached the cave and she skidded in. She stood there, trying to catch her breath when Rex came in. She immediately stopped gasping for air, hoping that he wouldn't notice anything. What she just saw, down by the lake. How on earth could he do that, to both of them. She too was torn, between wanting to be with Rex and feeling bad for Layka and whether she should convince Rex to go to her. What are you going to do? Do you want him? Do you need him? Of course the was going to be yes, her heart would break without him, but so was Layka's. "You're looking better now." she said quite fast.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:35

There was a knot in his throat. Rex couldn't speak. He could barely breathe. He collapsed upon the stone ground. He ignored Dutch. There wasn't anything he wanted to say, anyway. A hard wet tear fought its way out of Rex's eye. "I can't."
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:42

Was Rex crying? Was it really this bad?
"Rex?" she asked.
The poor guy was torn.
"Rex, I'm sorry all this has happened. You're so torn. It's not fair on you." she started. "So please, if you love her this much, just go, I don't mind. I'll be okay. I can move on. I just don't like seeing you so hurt." she told him. Truth is, she didn't want him to leave but she needed to do what was right for him. All this suffering wasn't going to do him any good. She put her head down, giving him a kiss. "Go to Layka, Rex, I'm done fighting with her. She won."
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:48

Layka stepped out of the freezing water.
"Time to restart" she said

She trotted up the the cave where Rex and Dutchess usually stayed.
"Hello, I am Layka, I'm new here." she started.
"Can anyone show me around" she asked.

Her heart was aching, but she tried her best to smile, a big, friendly smile.
She had decided to act as If she had never lived here before, as If she was new and did not know anyone.

She very much knew them. She knew her heart would be hurting for a long time.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:51

He raised his head, his eyes watery looking like a colt. A brief shadow a smile flitted across his face. "No. I'm staying with you. Just don't give Layka hell, please.."

Rex stood up, and went to Dutch. Looking her in the eyes he said, "I never wanted to in the first place, but I'm done messing around. If you'll take me, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, one hundred percent committing."

But right after he said this, the one that had created all this drama appeared. What happened?? "Uh, Layka, are you okay..?" Rex asked warily.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:55

Rex wanted to stay with her. "Ok Rex, I believe you." She said giving him a quick nuzzle.
The sound of the farmiliar voice at the entrance of the cave frightned her. "Layka?"
What was she doing? She was acting like she didn't know them. She looked at Rex, confused.
"Why is she here?" she asked him. "Why is she acting like she doesn't know who we are?"
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:58

"Oh! You know my name already!" she faked a smile.
"And I'm doing great" she said.

She was aching all over.
She felt an immense pain, Physically and Mentally.
You are not crazy, but they think you are. Just because you are trying to fix things between you and Dutchess.

Layka walked up to Dutchess.
"Hello, Im Layka, and you are?" she said.

Her legs were shaking slightly, she was broken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Head is an Animal
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Upper Lakes Territory-
Jump to: