Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Branching Off

Go down 
+3
Patchwork-Hearts
ManhattanRouge
PrintedShadows
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PrintedShadows
Admin

Branching Off - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:34

(hey. Jassy. I didn't really allow people to rp as the lydes.. .yet.)

The screams traveled far up the hill. Makivis turned to face Ezazel. Mirage had her head low to the ground, but raised it up and looked at the three. Makivis said nothing and walked down the hill. But Ezazel didn't follow. Makivis stopped and turned around.
"You know their dead." Ezazel had a look in his eyes, the yellow coloring shinning brightly in the moonlight.
"You know who that was. Your alpha! You can't just stand there and not do a damn thing!" Makivis was furious. How could he just stand there. In the back of his mind, he knew what he said was true. Makivis turned and ran down the hill. Following the smell of blood. He saw two groups of horses, each with one standing, and one laying. He walked to Avril first.
"Makivis. Get them out of here, they're not gone" Avril spoke slow. Makivis understood. The lydes were far from gone. They were like buzzards. Waiting for the prey to stop fighting. They couldn't care less about the other horses. Makivis looked closer at his wounds. They were deep.
"Go. Take care of the other one. And run if you hear anything." Makivis looked at the white mare standing over Avril.
"What the hell should I do with you?" Makivis smiled at Avril. Avril laid his head back down, but he didn't close his eyes. He knew he didn't want to die tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://mystequinerpg.forumotion.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:41

"I can make it up the hill" he said
Suddenly he heard other horses, he gave a loud screeching neigh, as If to let them know 'We're over here! We are still Alive!'
He saw Avril laying on the ground, soaked in blood.
Damien collapsed near him.
"This is my fault" he said, in a hoarse whisper. "If I hadn't screamed, and started panicking...We wouldn't be in this situation." he said, sorrowfully.
"More important, are you okay?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:50

"If you can go, go then. Go to Ezazel. Walk as far from the woods as you can." Makivis stared at the Zephyre. Zephyre. Saphyra. What else would show up here? He could tell he needed to explain a bit more.
"The lydes are waiting for you to die. Leave. Run if you can." His voice picking up a roughness that it usually didn't have. Then he looked at Avril. He'd have to drag him.
"I'm sorry." Was all Makivis said while picking up Avril. Half dragging, half carrying him to the tree.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 22:54

Maple looked at the new horse stunned, he had a very important vibe to him. He wanted to move Avril!
"Careful! I-Uhh I'm sorry uhh...Here let me help you." She stammered. "Let me help somehow."
She looked over at the other wounded horses, "What has done this?"
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 23:00

Damien tried standing up again, to go walk to Ezazel, he stood, then colapsed, repeating this process multiple times, until he gave up and just lay there.
"Im sorry, for causing all this trouble.." he said, his voice cracking, more tears started streaming down his cheekbones.
I blew it, bigtime, I may have possibly killed Avril, and now Im going to die too. Myst wouldn't have needed me anyways.

Now it wasnt just a few tears, he was crying and murmuring gibberish.
What would my mother do If she saw me now... he thought.
And with that he stood up, feeling pain for his mother, and anger towards his father.
He marched up the hill, stumbling every so often, tears streaming down his cheeks, he left a little trail of flames.
Stupid me, Stupid Lydes, Stupid world. he thought, and recited that in his mind, as soon as he got to Ezazel he fell, and broke into tears.
"I'm so sorry," he cried "I probably got Avril killed, and now myself, and I understand If you want to banish me, or set me out for the Lydes to eat" His voice was breaking, and after that, all he could say was "Im sorry, Im so so sorry" In sobs.
Well, I'll just need to wait for my punishment. Damien thought, what happens to a horse who almost gets 4 other horses killed...
he looked up at Ezazel, and back down quickly.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 23:12

Mirage head turned and walked away, but at the sounds of a horse she stopped. Ezazel looked down, he couldn't believe how this horse had walked all of the way from region two to here. (we are asuming that the ran into region two trying to outrun the lydes) Ezazel was rendered speechless. How could this horse have survived. He looked over at Mirage, and ran to try and find Makivis. This horse had been the bait. He just somehow escaped them.
"You'll be okay. Promise." Mirage looked over the horse.
Ezazel saw Makivis and another, white horse trying to move Avril up the hill.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 23:18

Damien was confused, the other horses looked as they had seen a lyde.
"There-there aren't any more Lydes are there?" he asked.
Then he saw Avril, being hauled up the hill and looked over in shock.
Feeling Dizzier than ever, Damien noticed he had lost alot of blood on the climb up, he was covered in blood everywhere, spots of brown from his coat peeked out underneath.
"Avril!" he yelled.
Look, what I've done, I practically got him killed.
"Will he be okay?" he said, glancing up at the other horse behind him.
feeling dizzy, he closed his eyes and lay still, head on the ground.
Please let this be a nightmare he thought.
All he could think about, was whether the other horses were okay or not.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 0:11

Dutchess trudged up the hill. She was so exhausted. All the running back and forth between the two injured horses. She approached Ezazel. "I'm so sorry, I really wish that this didn't happen." she said and then walked off and lay next to Damien. Is he going to be okay? Are they both going to be okay? she thought to herself. The site of Makivis and the white horse pulling Avril up the hill made her feel even more terrible than she already felt. Her head hurt. One of the lydes got to her. Her face was covered in sticky, browny/red blood. It was her's, Damien's and Avril's. Her eyes started to close and before she knew it, she was unconscious and nightmares had begun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 0:16

Damien watched Dutchess lay down next to him, she looked deep in thought, but then she fell to the ground.
"Dutchess, wake up" he nudged her.
"Dutchess!" he yelled.
Then he let his head drop, he couldn't keep his eyes open.
Still calling out her name, waiting for a reply, over and over "Dutchess, wake up!"
Whats going to happen to all of us? he thought.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 0:55

"It's okay" she whispered to him. "I am perfectly fine." But she wasn't. Nightmares haunted her, her head was throbbing with pain and she felt sick. I guess that's the price you pay when you meet the lydes and survive she thought. Her sleep was uneasy and she would often wake up breathing very heavily and drenched in sweat. She was just glad that she had her friend by her side, at least she did feel alone, like no one cared about her. Just like she felt when her parents died.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 1:25

Ezazel helped finish pulling Avril up to the tree. Mirage was still looking after zephyre, trying to stop the bleeding, Makivis tried to help Avril. Avril laid there, not making a sound, but pain clear across his face.
"You guys get some sleep. I'll watch." Ezazel hadn't slept in 200 years, why start now? Makivis looked down, Avril wasn't asleep, but his eyes were almost closed. Maybe he could sleep? Then, Makivis looked over to the pink haired horse, and the horse on the ground. How come they picked the stallions? The healthy two? Why hadn't they attacked the mares? Ezazel saw way off in the distance a figure dart around, then two. He didn't think they would come for the tree. Sometimes he thought they feared Makivis and him a bit, but he couldn't be sure, nor did he really want to find out.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 1:41

Maple stood off to the side, her bright blue eyes watching the scene unfold before her. She felt uncomfortable being around so many horses she didn't know. She looked around flicking her long forelock out of her eyes. The view was pretty. She wanted to go over to the other horses and talk to them, help them, but she'd used up all her courage that day. They didn't even know her name... So she stood there watching the forest line, figuring she could help keep watch.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 10:27

Dutchess said she was okay, but something was still bothering Damien, he felt uneasy, and started scanning the area with the other horses until he was too tired to open his eyes, he closed them and lay motionless on the ground.
"Im still alive" He added, before falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 12:22

Nayteri, in her swirling vortex of rage, hadn't been touched. She only had a tiny scratch on her back. She had killed 3 lydes in 1 go. As she calmed herself down, memores returned and flooded her completely. Nayteri then lay down and shivered. Her head felt like it would explode with anger and grief. She remembered her dead parents, her dead siblings, her dead husband. She had never cried at any of these events. It wasn't because she was heartless (though a lot of horses thought so) it was because she couldn't let it come out. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't shed a tear. But on the inside, she was crying an ocean. Then she remembered that she was all alone. Where did everyone go? she thought. She hoped no one was hurt. But then again- they would be. She immediately set off, following a path of blood. She went all the way up into a hill- then she saw everyone. She sighed with relief- they were all alive.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 19:04

Ezazel threw his head up at the appearance of another horse. She wasn't hardly hurt, and walking their direction.
Makivis leaned closer to Avril, speaking softly for a change, "What did it look like?"
Avril opened his eyes again, he shook his head. "It wasn't a horse at all." Makivis nodded. The attacks were becoming much more violent. Ezazel had noticed a few dead ones. The ones showing more of the horse traits. They had sharp bites all around them. They had been killed by one of their own. Evolution. He had been discussing it with Makivis and Desperado, but they hadn't been able to make any sense of it.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 19:16

Nayteri saw some unknown horses, but judging by their smells, they were royalty. A wave of nostalgia passed by her. She hadn't seen royalty in a long time. She then looked at Duchess, then Damien, and lastly Avril. She let her gaze linger on Avril a bit. They were all hurt- especially the stallions. Nayteri suddenly felt some guilt. Why hadn't she been hurt? Why did it have to be them? She sighed. Life isn't fair. At least they were all alive. Nayteri walked over to Duchess and Damien. "Are you guys ok?" she whispered gently. Then she gazed at Avril again. He had pretty big wounds too.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 21:00

Maple looked up at the sight of movement, another horse. I should go make myself useful...she thought.
Gathering her courage Maple slowly walked over to the mare. She had red markings.
This place just keeps getting odder yet...more amazing.
"Err...Umm..Hi. May I look at that wound? Little things like that can get infected.." Maple stammered.
"I'm Maple by the way." She smiled slightly.
Back to top Go down
ManhattanRouge

ManhattanRouge

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 21:09

Nayteri glanced at the mare walking toward her. "Well, it's not a big deal. Just a little scratch. You should go and help the seriously wounded ones." Nayteri smiled. "But you can look at it if you want." "And I'm Nayteri." Nayteri then walked over to Avril, and lay down. "Do you think you can see the scratch now? I know I'm on the tall side." she said sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 21:19

The little mare smiled, "I've helped Avril, I believe he is beyond my help."
"It's a pleasure to meet you Nayteri."
Thankful that the mare had lied down Maple nodded, being only 14.3 she felt quiet small compared to all the horses.
"Thank you."
She looked over the scratch, "I think you'll be okay, well, as long as you don't get it to dirty."
She smiled, "What did this? I mean, I've never seen anything hurt a horse so badly."
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 21:46

Damien heard stuff going on, through his closed eyes. The words were distorted, and he opened his eyes, everything was fuzzy now. He lifted his head, and plopped it back down.
I feel like Im not even alive. He thought,
It feels kinda cool.. Damien kept thinking about other things he had never thought about,
The last thing he could think was "Im too lonely."
And the words came pouring out his mouth.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 22:29

"We call them lydes." Makivis looked up from his friend. Avril was a fighter, but it still didn't look good.
"They have been a problem here for a long time. Silent. Deadly." He bent his head back down. Avril wasn't laying as flat anymore, he was almost trying to move. He pawed the ground a bit, then raised his head.
"Damein?" Mirage had heard that this zephyre's name. He was laying much too still.
"Damein?" She nudged him a bit, not wanting to hurt him, but wanting to make sure he was still alive
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 22:37

Damien let out a tiny moan, he hardly felt the world around him now.
I can't fight anymore, But I have to.
"please help me" he whispered, almost a cry
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 22:41

"Is that what was making that awful smell?!" Maple wrinkled her nose at the thought.
"You shouldn't move, you might open the wounds anymore if possible," She looked at Avril rather concerned.
Maple shuddered at the thought of coming close to something that could do this much damage to a horse. And these horses were bigger than her. She gulped slightly at the thought of what one might do to her.
Back to top Go down
PrintedShadows
Admin
PrintedShadows

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 23:11

"You all should really sleep. I think we can take care of them." Makivis had some skill at healing things, and so did Mirage. There was just one thing that troubled Ezazel though. The smell. It hadn't left yet. The breeze should have carried it away. There was a thick tree line not too far from them. But he would have seen anything enter it. He didn't take his eyes off it. Not even when he was talking. Makivis looked up and saw him, but he had other things to care about. Finally Mirage spoke up.
"I could use some help with Damein." He was fading fast, muttering crazy things. She couldn't do this alone.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade

Masquerade

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 23:19

Maple grinned, "I can help! Tell me what you have to do and I'll do it. Besides I'm not even tired I've had plenty of rest."
She walked over to Mirage, "He looks like he's losing too much blood."
She flicked the hair out of her eyes, and looked at Mirage expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 23:32

"please don't let me die" Damien whispered.
He closed his eyes and lay silent, breathing heavily.
Let me live please he thought,Let Avril live
He kicked his legs, having visions of Lydes everywhere, he started screaming jibberish.
Then he lay still, as if he were dead.
"I'm still alive"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Branching Off   Branching Off - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Branching Off
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Lower Lakes Territory-
Jump to: