Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Head is an Animal

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Patchwork-Hearts

My Head is an Animal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 1:58

"Oh! You know my name already!" she faked a smile.
"And I'm doing great" she said.

She was aching all over.
She felt an immense pain, Physically and Mentally.
You are not crazy, but they think you are. Just because you are trying to fix things between you and Dutchess.

Layka walked up to Dutchess.
"Hello, Im Layka, and you are?" she said.

Her legs were shaking slightly, she was broken.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 2:03

Dutchess had a confused look on her face nut she answered the question anyway.
"My name is Dutchess. It's nice to meet you?" she said, really confused about what was going on.
"Did you say you wanted someone to show you around? Because I would like to." she said, a little wary.
Then it clicked, she was trying to forget, to restart. "Oh" she whispered. She turned to Rex. "She is starting again, like we never met, like nothing ever happened between us" she told him. "Would you like to walk Layka?" she asked, turning back to face her?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxy-graphics.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 2:08

"Dutchess! What a lovely name" she was still faking a smile.
This is harder than I thought. This is too painful.
"I would love to be showed around now"
Layka was lying. She was attempting to lie to herself as well, But it wasn't working.
All the painful moments played back in her head. Over and over and over.
She slipped for a short moment and regained her footing.
Why can't this be easy. Why was It so easy to fall for Rex and hate Dutchess.
Now, Its going to be hard.
She was pawing the ground now awkwardly.
They probably think I'm crazy now, but I'm trying to fix things
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 2:14

She still hates my guts
Dutchess felt so bad, She had been a major part in this massive drama.
"Let's go then." she said faking a smile. She did want to become friends with Layka, but she didn't at the same time. They got to a nice spot of trees when Dutchess stopped.
"Listen Layka, I know your trying to forget but I need to say this. I am so, so, so very sorry for everything that happened and I hope that even though you still hate me, we can try and be friends. I never wanted 'any' of this to happen."
She pawed at the ground, not looking at Layka, she was too embarrassed to.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 2:19

Layka carefully took in everything Dutchess said.
"I just... It's not your fault, Im horrible. I-Im." she stopped, unable to continue.
Not another breakdown, your better than this.
"I am a monster. I do not belong here, ruining everything for you guys."
"It is very true, I did hate your guts, but I did not have any reason to, you have every right to hate me"
Layka collapsed, feeling dizzy and weak.
"Too much saltwater," she started
"Saltwater is supposed to heal scars."
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 2:51

I am a monster. I do not belong here, ruining everything for you guys.
How could she say that she was a monster?
If anything, I am the monster in this story
"Layka, don't say that! You are not a monster. You were just trying to get the one thing that you really wanted and I was in your way. I am the monster in this picture. I behaved like a child." she began.
"You do belong here. This is your home. One day you are going to find someone who is absolutely perfect for you. They will love you for what you are." she said.
"I do not hate you at all. I want us to be friends. I really hope that we can make that happen."
Then she collapsed on the ground.
Salt water is supposed to heal scars
That made Dutchess feel even worse. She got down next to Layka.
"Do you need to sleep?" she asked her. "Because if you do, I will stay right here."
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 9:22

"Dutchess, I Am the Monster, I knew you loved Rex, and that you had something between eachother, but I tried to stop it." Layka said with regret in her voice.
"I ended up hurting everyone..." she started
I even ended up hurting the one I love.
"I am so sorry Dutchess, I shouldn't have acted that way, and made all this drama..Its just, I believed in love at first sight, more strongly than anything." Layka was crying again now,
"An-and I saw Rex there, and I just, I fell for him immdetialy, but he truly loved you..True love doesn't exist." She was glancing down at her legs, which were shaking alot now.
I think I stood in ice cold water for a little too long.
"I stood in Ice cold water" she said sadly.
"So I could feel real pain, instead of anger"
I want to go back to my tree. I do not like this one. It is not the same
Layka was a stubborn mare, and had a hard time giving up what she wanted.
"Can we go back to my-the oak tree" she asked
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 15:58

She believes in love at first sight, I believe in love at first sight.
Layka wanted to go back to the oak tree. "Of course Layka" she said quietly. She would follow the mare there. As they were walking, Dutchess started talking again.
"You know, Layka. You can still believe in love at first sight. I do. Just because it did go right this time around, doesn't mean that it will do it again. I am pretty sure all the stallions here would love to have you by their side."

When they got to the oak tree, Dutchess went and took a small drink from the pond. It was freezing.
"Is this the water you stood in?" she asked Layka. "because it is REALLY cold."
Layka was freezing. The poor thing. "Are you cold Layka?"

(Sorry for boring old short reply, I have to go to school)
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 17:40

Layka was listening to Dutchess talking about finding another stallion, but she didn't want to listen.
She kept trying to get the words out of her head.
Then Dutchess asked if the lake water was what Layka stood in.
"Yes." she started
"I layed down in the water for about an hour"

Layka rested her head against one of the tree roots, "I'd do it again If I weren't so cold" she said sadly.
She was still shaking.
I will not move on, because the rest of them are not like Rex. Rex is different.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 20:59

Dutchess said to Rex, "I'm going to show her around. This okay?" Rex nodded, not looking up.

An hour passed and he was getting anxious. Dutch should be back by now, he thought. What if Layka's trying to hurt her!?! Rex jumped up, now alarmed at this new possibility. He galloped out of the cave and looked around, terrified, in the darkness. There they are! The mares were huddled under the large dandelion tree.

Wind rustling his damp hair, Rex flew down the hill to them. "What are you doing?!" he shouted at Layka. "Get away from her!" He shoved himself between them, barely avoiding stepping on Dutch's hooves.

Last edited by 16jasmine16 on Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://16jasmine16.deviantart.com
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2012 - 21:14

Rex approached them quickly, Then he yelled at Layka 'What are you doing?! Get away from her!'
Layka was extremely hurt by his remark, She got up and backed away from Rex and Dutchess.
She felt as though her heart had crumbled into billions of little pieces, scattered everywhere.
She couldn't breathe, her cheeks heating up.
"YOU THINK I'M A MONSTER, DON'T YOU?!" She started.
"YOU THINK I WAS TRYING TO HURT HER. I JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER, HOW COULD YOU ACCUSE ME OF HURTING HER!" She was screaming as loud as she could, her entire body was shaking immensely.
"Everybody thinks Im a monster. Maybe I should just leave Myst, I can tell when I'm not wanted" her voice was breaking with every word, hot tears streaming down her face

"I loved you Rex," she said, facing him straight in the eyes "More than anything, but now I know how you feel about me, a beast, a monster, are you going to lock me up in a cage with the Lydes?" she said coldly, and spat the words out.

I can not believe this. I loved him more than anything in the world, but he just thinks of me as a beast.
"You would all Love If I left Myst, now wouldn't you." she was crying so much, she couldn't see in front of herself.
She tripped as she turned, her legs let out on her, her body went numb.
She stood back up, and went back toward the lake, she went further than she had before, it was deep, and she layed down. the waves hit her face, the wind blew harshly.

"I'm better than this. I'm better than them" she started mumbling to herself
"They have driven me insane"
"They broke me"

"But I'm better than that" she got up, marched right past Rex and Dutchess and just stood under the moonlight, her coat glimmering like the stars above.
She started cleaning herself up, fixing her mane and tail, getting the dirt out of her coat, then she walked right in front of Dutchess and Rex, who where still standing in front of her tree and she layed down to sleep
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:23

She was about to get up to find something to warm Layka up when Rex came galloping over.
'What are you doing?! Get away from her!' he yelled at her.
"REX!" she screamed at him. "SHE WASN"T DOING ANYTHING TO ME! I'M FINE!"
Why was he making such large assumptions. He had only just got here, he didn't see anything.
"She is not doing anything to me, we are just talking Rex. Just calm down"
She turned back to Layka who was on the ground. She went and lay next to her. "What is your problem Rex?" she asked him, giving him a annoyed and angry look.
"Are you okay Layka?" she asked her.
She got up and walked over to Rex.
"Let's just leave her for a bit. She's tried and what you just did just made her feel even worse about herself." she told him sternly.
"I'll come and see you tomorrow Layka, okay?"
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:29

Mid-rear Rex stopped. "What?" he said curiously. Dutchess said her words. Rex looked at the ground when she threw him a furious glare. "Oh my god.. I'm so sorry, Layka." He saw that his apology was falling upon deaf ears. "Let's go," Rex agreed with Dutch.

They walked back together to the cave, tension thick in the air. "Listen, I didn't know what was going on. You guys were gone for a long time and I got worried."

Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:36

"You were worried, I understand that but it still doesn't give you the right to have a nut at her!" Dutch was very annoyed with Rex. "We are making a effort to be friends you know."
She walked into the cave and lay down. She was tired. She let her eyes close. "Let's talk about this later okay." she told him, then she fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:46

Lowering his head in embarrassment, Rex nodded. He was too riled up to finish their disput in the morning, "Sorry. I should have waited. It's just so unnerving; Layka acting how she is. Did she tell you what's the deal?"

Although not dropping the subject, he followed Dutchess' cue to prepare for sleep. He walked to and knelt down beside her roan body. In an attempt to smooth things over just a tiny bit, Rex nudged Dutch's ear lovingly. She smells like roses.. he thought pleasantly. So perfect.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 0:52

Did he not understand the meaning of 'lets talk about it later'?
"She kinda did. She thinks she's a monster Rex." she said sadly.
"She believed in love at first sight. Not she thinks it's not real, because she doesn't have you. SHE LAY IN THE LAKE FOR A HOUR SO SHE COULD FEEL REAL PAIN!"
Dutchess was yelling now. She was pissed at Rex for yelling at her. "I'm sorry"
he nudged her ear. She gave his a little nuzzle and then closed her eyes again. "I love you" she whispered.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:01

His ears drooped as Dutch's tone turned sad. Did I do this to Layka? Rex thought. Dutchess went on, "..She doesn't have you. She lied in the lake so that she could feel actual pain!!!" Rex jerked his head back. He snapped, "You don't have to yell about it!"

So sick of the yelling, the tears, the emotion, he gave a flick of his tail and ran out of the cave. Why is my life so messed up?! Rex's brain screamed. He galloped past Layka under her tree, past the lake in which her tears fell, and into an empty clearing. Rex fell on the hard, cold, ground and looked miserably up at the sky. Dawn was approaching. The sun was peeping over the horizon. It may be morning, but things are sure as heck not looking any brighter.
Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 1:09

"Rex, Wait" she called after him, but he was gone. She got up and started making her way out of the cave. She shouldn't have yelled, it's just how she felt. She wondered for at least 2 hours before she found Rex. He was slumped on the ground, miserable. Why do I keep doing this, pushing him away?
"Rex" she whispered to him. The sun was rising. She was really tired but she wasn't going to leave him out in the cold. "I;m sorry Rex, I shouldn't have yelled at you." she said quietly. "My head is still a bit messed up."
She got down beside his, nuzzling his cheek. "I love you, okay, I'm really, really sorry"
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:07

Layka woke up to the crisp morning air, the sun was shining very bright.
She walked over to the lake to check her reflection, then fixed her mane and tail, till every ringlet was perfect.
She glanced up at her tree, full of wilted dandelions.
"Time to make some more" she said cheerfully.
Layka found a bunch of different flowers, and wove them together, making dozens more flower necklaces than she needed.
She walked up to each horse, and gave them one.
If I want anyone to talk to me at all, I'd better be nice.
She saw Dutchess and Rex laying on the ground, and trotted up to them.
"I made you these" she said, showing them the flower necklaces.
"Dutchess, yours is the one with the big pink rose and the little while lillys" Layka smiled at Dutchess, she was giving her best efforts to be friends with the mare.
"And Rex, yours has the flower you put in my hair, before you left me cold and wet" she was glancing down now.
She remember her words 'This is by far the best day of my life'
By far the worst now.
She remembered standing on top the mountain, crisp breeze fiercely blowing her mane and tail, then sun shining intensely, It felt like a dream. those few moments with Rex.
Layka frowned and walked away from the two horses.
Dutchess is a very lucky mare.
I remember that moment atop the mountain, now would be a perfect time for him to take her up there, with all the rainbow leaves and colors, the soft cool breeze, shining sun.

Back to top Go down
Roxy559

Roxy559

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:47

She woke to see Layka standing above her with a flower necklace. It was so beautiful.
"Wow Layka, That is very nice of you" she said, standing up and putting it over her head.
"I love the flowers on it, they are very beautiful" she smiled at her.
Then she went to Rex and gave him his. '...until you left me cold and wet'
Poor thing, he could have at least brought her back down the hill
She could help but feel sorry for Layka after everything that had happened. But she was trying to start again and it was nice that they were trying to be friends. Then Layka walked off. Dutch didn't even get a chance to ask her if she wanted to do something today. Maybe I will see her later she thought.
"So Rex, is there anything fun to do today?" she asked him. The sun was out and it was nice and warm. Perfect day for a nice long walk.
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 19:37

"Whatever..," he said to Dutchess. Nothing really mattered anymore. Of course, she mattered, but right at this second? Nah. Rex didn't care about anything. Her nose felt warm against his palomino cheek, however it didn't do much to keep the cold at bay.

The sun rose much too quickly, leaving Dutch and Rex only a few hours to catch up on their sleep. Soon after they awoke, Layka showed up bearing two necklaces made of various plants. "This is for you," she said to Dutchess, passing her a rope of lillies. "And, Rex, this is yours, I made it out of the flower you gave me when you left me cold and wet."

Rex didn't say anything as Layka dropped the circle of flowers at his hooves. His expression was hard, unhappy. He saw that Layka was looking at him thoughtfully and felt uncomfortable. Rex shifted, and her face turned into a frown, turning and leaving without a word. That was weird..

"So, Rex, is there anything fun you want to do today?" Dutch's bubbly question interrupted his thoughts.
"No. Nothing." Rex knew he was being unreasonable; it was a fantastic day. But he was too depressed. Well, you could you blame me? he countered in his head. I have every right to be annoyed. Layka should not have drawn me in as she had! ..But I shouldn't have been agreeable to it either.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 20:31

A while after, Layka walked up to Rex after she had hung her flowers onto the tree.
"Rex can I talk to you for a moment" she said sternly.

Last edited by Patchwork-Hearts on Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 20:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 20:33

"Um.." Rex looked over at Dutchess. "Um. I guess. But make it short. And we're not going far."
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 20:37

She only took Rex further from Dutchess' hearing range.
"Rex, do something special for her, I may still love you, but you love Dutchess" she started
"Take her on top the mountain you took me, the sun is shining, the breeze it nice and cool, and the leaves are all colorfull, " she was sad now. remembering the amazing time she had with him.
"Dutchess would love it. Im sure of it, besides you need to give more effort into the things you do with her."
Back to top Go down
16jasmine16

16jasmine16

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 20:49

"I don't need relationship advice from you, Layka!" Rex replied slightly impatiently. "And I am not taking her to the mountain. You can, if you're so obsessed with her. Just.. stay away from me. Please." And he walked away from her back to Dutch, a scowl on his face.
Back to top Go down
Patchwork-Hearts

Patchwork-Hearts

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012 - 21:20

"I am not obsessed with her. I am just trying to be friends with her" she said.
"Besides, Im pretty sure she would have fun there..." Layka stopped as Rex walked away.
Why does he suddenly hate me. I never did anything to him.
Layka walked to the mountain by herself, she climbed up and stood on top and closed her eyes, she thought about the past few horrific days.
"Rex hates me now...He didn't hate me before, I don't know what I did wrong" she sad sadly
"Maybe I should have stayed in region one...Maybe I should head over tomorrow" Layka layed down slowly.
"I haven't made any friends anyway...In fact I lost a friend;" she stopped for a little.
"Maybe I should just leave Myst all together..people think I am going insane, people think I am a monster. People avoid me and yell at me"
She nodded.
"I should leave"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Head is an Animal   My Head is an Animal - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Head is an Animal
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lakes Territory :: Upper Lakes Territory-
Jump to: